Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Modeling, Control, and Optimization of Natural Gas Processing Plants presents the latest on the evolution of the natural gas industry, shining a light on the unique challenges plant managers and owners face when looking for ways to optimize plant performance and efficiency, including topics such as the various feed gas compositions, temperatures, pressures, and throughput capacities that keep them looking for better decision support tools.
The book delivers the first reference focused strictly on the fast-growing natural gas markets. Whether you are trying to magnify your plants existing capabilities or are designing a new facility to handle more feedstock options, this reference guides you by combining modeling control and optimization strategies with the latest developments within the natural gas industry, including the very latest in algorithms, software, and real-world case studies.
- Helps users adapt their natural gas plant quickly with optimization strategies and advanced control methods
- Presents real-world application for gas process operations with software and algorithm comparisons and practical case studies
- Provides coverage on multivariable control and optimization on existing equipment
- Allows plant managers and owners the tools they need to maximize the value of the natural gas produced
Natural Gas Design and Operation Engineers, R&D Professionals for natural gas, and Plant Operating Personnel
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Natural Gas Processing Plants
- 1.1. Introduction
- 1.2. Natural Gas Processing Objectives
- 1.3. Gas Processing Plant Configurations
- 1.4. Gas Plant Support Systems
- 1.5. Optimal Design and Operations of Natural Gas Processing Plants
- Chapter 2. Process Modeling and Simulation
- 2.1. Introduction
- 2.2. Thermodynamics
- 2.3. Steady-State Versus Dynamic Models
- 2.4. Simulation Objectives Versus Modeling Effort
- 2.5. Process Simulation Approaches
- 2.6. Process Simulation Best Practices
- 2.7. Case Studies
- Chapter 3. Process Control
- 3.1. Dynamic Process Characteristics
- 3.2. Control System Components
- 3.3. Closed-Loop Control
- 3.4. Degrees of Freedom
- 3.5. Control Loop Tuning
- 3.6. Individual Unit Operation Control and Optimization Strategies
- Chapter 4. Process Optimization
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Types of Optimization
- 4.3. Conventional Optimization Techniques
- 4.4. Limitations of Optimization
- 4.5. Methods of Optimization
- 4.6. Advanced Optimization Techniques
- 4.7. Dynamic Optimization
- 4.8. Real-Time Optimization
- 4.9. Process Optimization Case Study
- Appendix A. Basic Principles of Control Valves
- Appendix B. Process Measurement and Instrumentation
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2017
- 13th September 2016
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
William A. “Bill” Poe is a Senior Principal Technical Consultant at AVEVA, the United States. He has over 35 years of international business and industrial experience in design, operations and project management of gas processing plants with a special focus on automation, multivariable predictive control (MPC), advanced process control (APC), optimization design and implementation, and real-time performance monitoring. Bill started his career at Shell Oil Company, USA, in 1981, working over a decade in natural gas processing plants operations and engineering as well as management of multimillion-dollar projects. In 1993, he joined Continental Controls to lead the process engineering department in support of executing contracts with the Gas Research Institute, USA, where he developed new multivariable control applications in the natural gas industry. After joining GE as part of the Continental Controls acquisition, he became vice president of this division of GE where his responsibilities included direction of product development, projects, technical sales support, and customer service for multivariable control and optimization applications in the natural gas industry. In 2001, Bill joined Invensys Process Systems, USA, where he has developed APC and Optimization Master Plans for international companies such as Saudi Aramco, ADNOC, Statoil, and PDVSA, as well as automation and advanced process control feasibility studies for over 100 natural gas processing plants worldwide. After Schneider Electric acquired Invensys Process Systems in 2014 and merged its software division with AVEVA in 2018, he has continued to work with the top gas processing companies. Bill is an Associate Editor of the Journal of Natural Gas Science & Engineering, has authored or co-authored more than 60 technical papers, and made numerous technical presentations at prestigious international conferences. He received the GE Innovators Award in 1999 and attained the Invensys Circle of Excellence in 2011.
Senior Principal Technical Consultant, AVEVA, USA
Saeid Mokhatab is recognized globally as an expert in the fields of natural gas processing and LNG. He has been actively involved in the development and implementation of several large-scale gas processing and LNG projects over the years. Dr. Mokhatab has made major contributions to enhance the understanding of gas processing and LNG knowledge, practices, and technologies through 300 technical papers and 3 Elsevier books. He founded the Elsevier peer-reviewed Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering and has served on the editorial/advisory boards of leading professional publications pertaining to gas processing and LNG. As a result of his work, he has received a number of international awards and medals and has been listed in highly prestigious biographical directories.
Gas Processing Consultant, Halifax, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.