Ideal for both classroom and practice, Modalities for Massage & Bodywork, 2nd Edition presents 23 modalities of bodywork, their history, development, effects, benefits, contraindications, basic curricula and certification requirements. Updated photos and illustrations, critical thinking questions, and flash cards give you a better picture of today's massage best practices. Evolve companion website provides matching activities, flash cards, answers to multiple-choice questions, weblinks and video demonstrations of various modalities covered in the text to make learning more interactive.
- Case histories in each chapter illustrate the effects of the modality within a therapeutic context, creating the opportunity for integrative, clinical reasoning that helps prepare you for work in the various modalities.
- Student objectives and key terms at the start of each chapter provides a framework for what to expect and what to focus on with each chapter.
- In My Experience boxes provide personal insights about specific techniques from experts in the field.
- Full-color design and techniques shown with photos and illustrations enhance understanding and comprehension of each modality.
- Multiple-choice test questions at the end of each chapter with answers on the Evolve website help you measure your understanding of the modality and obtain instant feedback from the answer key that includes rationales.
- Suggested readings, resources and references in each chapter offer robust resources for you to further research each modality.
- Clinically relevant boxes and tables highlight important information.
1. Active Isolated Stretching
2. Ayurvedic Therapies
3. Cancer Massage
4. Craniosacral Therapy
5. Geriatric Massage
6. Infant and Pediatric Massage
7. Manual Lymphatic Drainage
8. Muscle Energy Technique NEW!
9. Myofascial Release
10. Neuromuscular Therapy
11. Orthopedic Massage
12. Polarity Therapy
13. Prenatal Massage
15. Reiki NEW!
17. Sports and Fitness Massage
18. Strain/Counter-strain NEW!
19. Structural Integration
20. Traditional Thai Massage
21. Trager® Psychophysical Integration
22. Trigger Point Release
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2016
- 11th February 2015
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.