Malware has gone mobile, and the security landscape is changing quickly with emerging attacks on cell phones, PDAs, and other mobile devices. This first book on the growing threat covers a wide range of malware targeting operating systems like Symbian and new devices like the iPhone. Examining code in past, current, and future risks, protect your banking, auctioning, and other activities performed on mobile devices.
* Visual Payloads
View attacks as visible to the end user, including notation of variants.
* Timeline of Mobile Hoaxes and Threats
Understand the history of major attacks and horizon for emerging threates.
* Overview of Mobile Malware Families
Identify and understand groups of mobile malicious code and their variations.
* Taxonomy of Mobile Malware
Bring order to known samples based on infection, distribution, and payload strategies.
* Phishing, SMishing, and Vishing Attacks
Detect and mitigate phone-based phishing (vishing) and SMS phishing (SMishing) techniques.
* Operating System and Device Vulnerabilities
Analyze unique OS security issues and examine offensive mobile device threats.
* Analyze Mobile Malware
Design a sandbox for dynamic software analysis and use MobileSandbox
to analyze mobile malware.
* Forensic Analysis of Mobile Malware
Conduct forensic analysis of mobile devices and learn key differences in mobile forensics.
* Debugging and Disassembling Mobile Malware
Use IDA and other tools to reverse-engineer samples of malicious code for analysis.
* Mobile Malware Mitigation Measures
* Understand the History and Threat Landscape of Rapidly Emerging Mobile Attacks
* Analyze Mobile Device/Platform Vulnerabilities and Exploits
* Mitigate Current and Future Mobile Malware Threats
Cellular providers, security professionals in finance and banking industry, anti-virus developers and consultants, as well as security researchers.