Presents an overview of mixed plastics recycling technology. In addition, it characterizes mixed plastics wastes and describes collection methods, costs, and markets for reprocessed plastics products.
Plastics recycling researchers, scientists, and processors.
Part I. Mixed Plastics Recycling - Characterization, Collection, Costs, Markets Summary
- Introduction 1.1 National Production and Recycling Levels of Plastics 1.2 Plastics in Municipal Solid Waste 1.3 Mixed Plastics in Post-Consumer Recycling
- Characterization, Generation and Collection of Plastics 2.1 Field Assessment of Plastic Types in Municipal Solid Waste 2.2 Mixed Plastics in Recycling Programs 2.3 Per Capita Generation 2.4 Commercial and Food Sector Sources of Waste Plastic 2.5 Post-Consumer Plastic Weights 2.6 Summary
- Plastics Recycling Programs 3.1 Curbside Collection of Plastics in Illinois 3.2 Film/Rigid Plastics Recycling
- Recycling Costs 4.1 Recycling Program Variables 4.2 Recycling Costs 4.3 Collection Times 4.4 Recycling Truck Costs and Truck Collection Methods for Plastics 4.5 Process Cost 4.6 Cost Estimate Computer Programs
- Markets and Packaging Changes for Recycled Plastics 5.1 Recycled Resin Demand 5.2 Packaging Changes to Increase Recycle Rates 5.3 Markets in Primary Recycling 5.4 Markets in Secondary Recycling Appendix A: Recycling Vehicle Equipment Manufacturers Appendix B: Glossary References Part II. Recycling Technology Summary
- Introduction 1.1 Plastics in Municipal Solid Waste 1.2 Plastic Resin Production and Product Manufacture
- Manufacture of Plastic Lumber Using Mixed Plastics 2.1 Plastic Wood Producers 2.2 Plastic Wood Production 2.3 General Guidelines for Plastic Lumbe
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1992
- 31st December 1992
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: