This title employs biochemical, cell biological, and genetic approaches to study mitochondrial structure, function, and biogenesis. Also of interest are the consequences of impaired mitochondrial function on cells, tissues, and organs. The book is full of step-by-step "how to" methods with sample results, interpretations, and pitfalls. There is a unique set of appendices that include gene catalogs, mtDNA maps, and reagents for probing respiratory chain function. Finally, there are applications of state-of-the art microarray and gene chip technologies.
- Isolation of mitochondria from commonly used cells and tissues
- Assays for mitochondrial activities, including respiration, ATP production, permeability, protein import, and interactions with the cytoskeleton
- Biochemical and optical methods for studying protein-protein interactions in mitochondria
- Approaches to studying mitochondrial replication, transcription, and translation
- Transmitochondrial technologies
- Methods in microassay data analysis
Researchers and graduate students in cell biology, developmental biology, and genetics. Academic and research libraries, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and private research facilities.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2001
- 11th May 2001
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
@qu:"This is an extremely high quality offering that is really unique...It should serve as an invaluable reference for a wide audience of biomedical researchers." @source:--DOODY'S PUBLISHING REVIEWS
Columbia University, Neurology Department, New York, U.S.A.