@bul:* Second Edition of this established text
* Structure of the book remains the same
* 50% of the reference and 50% of the figures and tables have been replaced
* Whole of the text has been revised
* Coverage of plant (soil interactions has been increased considerably)
Table of Contents
- Nutritional Physiology:
Introduction, Definition, and Classification of Mineral Nutrients.
Ion Uptake Mechanisms of Individual Cells and Roots: Short Distance Transport.
Long-Distance Transport in the Xylem and Phloem and its Regulation.
Uptake and Release of Mineral Elements by Leaves and Other Aerial Plant Parts.
Yield and the Source-Sink Relationships.
Mineral Nutrition and Yield Response.
Functions of Mineral Nutrients: Macronutrients.
Function of Mineral Nutrients: Micronutrients.
Beneficial Mineral Elements.
Relationship between Mineral Nutrition and Plant Diseases and Pests.
Diagnosis of Deficiency and Toxicity of Mineral Nutrients.
Nutrient Availability in Soils.
Effect of Internal and External Factors on Root Growth and Development.
The Soil-Root Interface (Rhizosphere) in Relation to Mineral Nutrition.
Adaptation of Plants to Adverse Chemical Soil Conditions.
- No. of pages: 889
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1995
- Published: April 11, 1995
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080571874