Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Military Veteran Reintegration: Approach, Management, and Assessment of Military Veterans Transitioning to Civilian Life offers a toolkit for researchers and practitioners on best practices for easing the reintegration of military veterans returning to civilian society. It lays out how transition occurs, identifies factors that promote or impede transition, and operationalizes outcomes associated with transition success. Bringing together experts from around the world to address the most important aspects of military transition, the book looks at what has been shown to work and what has not, while also offering a roadmap for best-results moving forward.
- Contains evidence-based interventions for military veteran-to-civilian transition
- Features international experts from North America, Europe and Asia
- Includes how to measure transition outcomes
- Outlines recovery programs for the injured and sick
- Identifies factors that promote or impede successful transition
Academic researchers, mental health practitioners working with veteran populations, NGOs and governmental policy makers
1. Introduction to military-to-civilian life transition
Carl Andrew Castro and Sanela Dursun
2. Definition of a veteran: the military viewed as a culture
Tiia-Triin Truusa and Carl Andrew Castro
3. Military-to-civilian transition theories and frameworks
David Pedlar, James M. Thompson, and Carl Andrew Castro
4. Military-to-civilian transition policies, processes, and program efforts
Maj Neil Lewis, Matt Fossey, Raun Lazier, Nathan Williamson, and Nick Caddick
5. Self-assessment of need for assistance with military-to-civilian transition
James M. Thompson, Sanela Dursun, Jennifer E.C. Lee, Alla Skomorovsky, Wendy Lockhart, and Mary Beth MacLean
6. Challenging missions: vulnerable veterans leaving the armed forces and promising avenues to support them
Jacco Duel, Lauren Godier-McBard, Mary Beth MacLean, and Matt Fossey
7. Development of a Medical Release Transition Framework
Jennifer E.C. Lee, Kimberley Watkins, and Sanela Dursun
8. Disability and compensation principles in military-to-civilian transition support
Mary Beth MacLean, Ryan Murray, and Raun Lazier
9. The transition of military veterans from active service to civilian life: impact of transition on families and the role of the family, support, and recognition
Matt Fossey, Linda Cooper, and Kadri Raid
10. Public support for veterans leaving the Armed Forces
Jacco Duel, Tiia-Triin Truusa, and Martin Elands
11. Essential components for a successful military-to-civilian transition
Carl Andrew Castro, Sanela Dursun, Mary Beth MacLean, Raun Lazier, Matt Fossey, and David Pedlar
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 20th August 2019
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Assistant professor, USC School of Social Work. Director of the Center for Innovation and Research on Veterans and Military Families. 33 years in the US Army, having obtained the rank of colonel. Chair of a NATO research group on military veteran transitions, a Fulbright Scholar, and editor of Military Behavioral Health. Author of Military Life: The Psychology of Serving in Peace and Combat and Deployment Psychology
Assistant Professor, USC School of Social Work and Director, Center for Innovation and Research on Veterans and Military Families
Research psychologist and director of the Personnel and Family Support Research section at Defense Research and Development Canada
Research Psychologist and Director, Personnel and Family Support Research section, Defence Research and Development, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.