Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Communication
Chapter 3 Hygiene and infection control: the immobile woman
Chapter 4 Blood pressure measurement
Chapter 5 Temperature measurement
Chapter 6 Pulse and respiration
Chapter 7 Collection of specimens
Chapter 8 Urianalysis
Chapter 9 Venepuncture
Chapter 10 Neonatal blood tests
Chapter 11 Administration of medicines
Chapter 12 Administration of injections
Chapter 13 Surgical care
New edition of a title in the popular Midwifery Essentials series originally published in conjunction with The Practising Midwife journal. The series covers core topics in midwifery education in an engaging and friendly format using a helpful ‘jigsaw’ approach which encourages readers to explore topics from a variety of perspectives e.g. effective communication, team working and health promotion. Helpful ‘scenarios’ throughout each volume encourage debate and reflection, core elements of midwifery education.
- Fully updated to provide a useful, friendly source of information
- Strong focus on contemporary women-centred care
- Designed to stimulate debate and reflection upon current practice, local policies and procedures
- Scenarios enable practitioners to understand the context of maternity care and explore their role in safe and effective service provision
- Helpful ‘jigsaw’ approach enables readers to explore specific topics from a variety of perspectives e.g. consent, safety and health promotion
- Explains the professional and legal issues surrounding clinical procedures
- Chapters designed to be read as a ‘standalone’ or in succession
- Emphasises the crucial role of effective communication
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 20th April 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Consultant Midwife Public Health, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; Honorary Researcher / Lecturer, University of Sheffield; Honorary Lecturer Sheffield Hallam University, UK.
EdD RM ADM MSc (Reproduction & Health) PGDip(HE)
Independent Midwifery Educator and Researcher, Bristol, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.