Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Communication
Chapter 3 Hygiene and infection control: the immobile woman
Chapter 4 Blood pressure measurement
Chapter 5 Temperature measurement
Chapter 6 Pulse and respiration
Chapter 7 Collection of specimens
Chapter 8 Urianalysis
Chapter 9 Venepuncture
Chapter 10 Neonatal blood tests
Chapter 11 Administration of medicines
Chapter 12 Administration of injections
Chapter 13 Surgical care
The second edition of the popular Midwifery Essentials series continues to help readers understand and master a range of core issues safely and with confidence!
Written by leading midwifery academics, each book in the series provides a user-friendly source of information which has been fully updated throughout to reflect the latest evidence-base for current practice. Now with an improved design to make learning as easy as possible, each paperback in the series focuses on the importance of communication and contemporary women-centred care and presents helpful ‘scenarios’ to encourage debate and reflection. Special features include:
- Helpful ‘jigsaw’ approach enables readers explore specific topics from a variety of perspectives e.g. effective communication, team working and promotes health.
- Explains the professional and legal issues surrounding current practice
- Chapters designed to be read as a ‘standalone’ or in succession
- Makes reference to the latest national and international guidelines
- Embraces the principles of ‘Better Births’
The Midwifery Essentials series is ideal for all midwives – whether qualified or in training – and is also helpful to nurses and HCAs working in the maternity environment.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 23rd June 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Consultant Midwife Public Health; Honorary Researcher / lecturer, University of Sheffield; Honorary Lecturer Sheffield Hallam University.
EdD RM ADM MSc (Reproduction & Health) PGDip(HE)
Senior Midwifery Lecturer, Bournemouth University, UK