Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part One - Fundamentals
1. The physics of mid-infrared semiconductor materials and heterostructures
Part Two - Light sources
2. Mid-infrared light-emitting diodes
3. Interband mid-infrared lasers
4. Quantum cascade lasers
5. High-brightness quantum cascade lasers
6. Mid-infrared frequency conversion in quasiphase matched semiconductors
Part Three - Photodetectors
7. HgCdTe photodetectors
8. Quantum cascade detectors: A review
9. InAs/GaSb type II superlattices: A developing material system for third generation of IR imaging
10. InAsSb-based photodetectors
Part Four - New approaches
11. Dilute bismide and nitride alloys for mid-IR optoelectronic devices
12. Group IV photonics using (Si)GeSn technology toward mid-IR applications
13. Intersubband transitions in GaN-based heterostructures
14. III–V/Si mid-IR photonic integrated circuits
Part Five - Application of mid-IR devices
15. Quartz-enhanced photoacoustic spectroscopy for gas sensing applications
16. Mid-infrared gas-sensing systems and applications
Mid-infrared Optoelectronics: Materials, Devices, and Applications addresses the new materials, devices and applications that have emerged over the last decade, along with exciting areas of research. Sections cover fundamentals, light sources, photodetectors, new approaches, and the application of mid-IR devices, with sections discussing LEDs, laser diodes, and quantum cascade lasers, mid-infrared optoelectronics, emerging research areas, dilute bismide and nitride alloys, Group-IV materials, gallium nitride heterostructures, and new nonlinear materials. Finally, the most relevant applications of mid-infrared devices are reviewed in industry, gas sensing, spectroscopy, and imaging.
This book presents a key reference for materials scientists, engineers and professionals working in R&D in the area of semiconductors and optoelectronics.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of mid-infrared photodetectors and light sources and the latest materials and devices
- Reviews emerging areas of research in the field of mid-infrared optoelectronics, including new materials, such as wide bandgap materials, chalcogenides and new approaches, like heterogeneous integration
- Includes information on the most relevant applications in industry, like gas sensing, spectroscopy and imaging
Materials Scientists and Engineers in Academia and R&D
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 18th October 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Eric Tournié is a professor of electrical engineering and photonics at the University of Montpellier and a senior member of Institut Universitaire de France (IUF). He is an expert on the epitaxial growth of compound semiconductor heterostructures and devices. His interest has always been the development of new nanostructures for applications in optoelectronic devices.
Professor, Université de Montpellier, Institut d'Electronique, Unité mixte de recherche du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (UMR CNRS 5214), Montpellier, France
Laurent Cerutti is an Associate Professor at the Université de Montpellier since 2006. He obtained his PhD in 2004 from the Université de Montpellier on the molecular beam epitaxy of Sb-based VCSELs. He spent 2 years at the Polytechnic University of Madrid in the group of the Pr. E. Calleja where he developed the first GaN nanocolumns grown by MBE on Si(100). Since 2006, his research activities focus on the development and the MBE growth of Sb-based photonic devices, mainly for the development of MIR VCSELs, lasers grown on Si and plasmonic structures. He has been involved in several European projects (FP6, FP7, ITN, H2020) and has been involved/coordinated several national projects. He is author or co-author of ~ 100 publications in peer-reviewed journal, conference proceedings and two international patents. In 2016, he was guest editor for the special issue of the Int. Molecular-Beam Epitaxy (MBE) conference in Journal of Crystal Growth.
Associate Professor, Université de Montpellier, Institut d'Electronique, Unité mixte de recherche du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (UMR CNRS 5214), Montpellier, France
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.