Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Fundamentals of Mass Transport in Micro Scale
Micromixers Based on Molecular Diffusion
Micromixers Based on Chaotic Advection
Application of Micromixers
A wide range of applications in chemistry and biochemistry are driving the rapid development of microfluidics. This book focuses its attention on an important subtopic of microfluidics; mixing in microscale. It provides the fundamentals of transport effects in microscale including molecular diffusion, convection, and chaotic advection.
The science and technology of microfluidics cover a wide spectrum and the science of mixing in microscale has evolved from reports on fabricated devices to an extensive collection of established knowledge. The focal point of Micromixers: Fundamentals, Design, and Fabrication is the current applicable knowledge and practical issues in designing, fabricating, and characterizing micromixers in the chemical and biochemical industries. Based on scaling law, it recommends practical micromixer designs utilizing the advantages of the microscale effects. The book is intended for practicing engineers and for upper-level undergraduate and graduate level students.
• Provides the basic terminology and fundamental physics of transport effects used for designing micromixers.
• Highlights the challenges and advantages of miniaturization in mixing.
• Outlines currently available microtechnologies for fabricating micromixers.
• Discusses current applications including lab-on-a-chip for chemical/biochemical analysis, and chemical production.
• Defines concepts such as electrohydrodynamic, dielectrophoretic, electrokinetic, magneto hydrodynamic, acoustic and thermal effects and their implementation in micromixers.
This book is aimed toward engineers in the chemical and biomedical industries as well as high level undergraduate and graduate students.
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2008
- 29th February 2008
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Nanyang Technological University (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering), Singapore
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.