Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The need for sustainable agricultural practices and the changing agro-climatic conditions demand intensive research on endophytic microorganisms. Endophytes have been demonstrated to have significant applications in managing the challenges associated with increasing population, polluted lands and other harsh environmental conditions. Microbial Endophytes: Functional Biology and Application focuses on endophytic bacteria and fungi from introducing foundational endophytes information, to the latest advances in relevant genomics, proteomics, and nanotechnological aspects. Providing insights into the molecular aspects of plant endophytes interaction, applications, this book also explores the potential commercialization of endophytic microorganism or their products as bio fertilizers, biocontrol, bioactive compounds and other sustainable applications.
Microbial Endophytes: Functional Biology and Application also includes coverage of important and emerging legal considerations relevant to those working to implement these important bacteria in production processes.
- Presents entry, colonization and distribution of endophytic microorganisms
- Explores phyto immunological functions of endophytic microorganisms
- Provides genomic insights of plant endophyte interaction: prospective and impact on plant health
- Identifies bio-commercial aspects of microbial endophytes for sustainable agriculture including potential legal issues and IPR in microbial research
Researchers and advanced academics in microbiology, agricultural sciences, biotechnology. Microbiologists, ecologists, plant pathologists, physiologists, agronomists, molecular biologists, pharmacologists and related researchers
- Entry, colonization and distribution of endophytic microorganisms
2. Benefits of “Plant-Endophyte” interaction for sustainable cultivation of medicinal plants
3. Plant growth promoting mechanisms of endophytes
4. Endophytic bacterial strains induced systemic resistance in agriculturally important crop plants
5. Seed priming by endophytes and its agricultural applications
6. The chemical warfare involved in endophytic microorganisms-plant associations
7. Endophytic microbial influence on plant stress response
8. Microbial Bio-formulation Based Plant Biostimulants: A Plausible approach towards Next Generation of Sustainable Agriculture
9. Genomic insights of plant endophyte interaction: prospects and impact on plant health
10. Fungal Endophytic gene expression studies in plant disease management in field crop plants
11. Endophytic fungi, a treasure house of novel nanoparticles for disease
12. Endophytic Fungi from Medicinal Plants: Biodiversity and Biotechnological Applications
13. Bio-commercial aspects of microbial endophytes for sustainable agriculture
14. Legal issues and IPR in microbial research
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 1st March 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Ajay Kumar is currently working as visiting scientist in Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani center, Rishon, Lezziyon, Israel. Dr. Kumar completed his doctoral research from Department of Botany, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India in 2015. In his nine years of research, he has published more than fifty five research articles and book chapters in the International and National journals of repute. He has wide area of research, especially in Plant-microbe interactions, endophytes related with the medicinal plants, microbial inoculants. He has already edited some book with “Elsevier publisher” like “PGPR amelioration in Sustainable agriculture” and “Climate Change and Agriculture System” and some are under the production. Recently London Journal Press provide him “Quarterly Franklin Membership" (Membership ID#TM89775) for their significant contribution. In addition, he is invited member in the editorial committee of “International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences” and “Journal of Plant Science and Agriculture Research
Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani Center, Rishon, Lezziyon, Israel
Dr. Radhakrishnan E.K Assistant Professor at School of Biosciences of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and Joint Director of Inter University Centre for Organic Farming and Sustainable Agriculture (IUCOFSA), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. He completed his doctoral degree from Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India Post-doctoral studies from The University of Tokyo, Japan. His research areas include plant microbe interactions, microbial natural products, microbial synthesis of metal nanoparticles, development of polymer-based nanocomposites with antimicrobial effects for food packaging and medical applications
Assistant Professor, School of Biosciences of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and Joint Director of Inter University Centre for Organic Farming and Sustainable Agriculture (IUCOFSA), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam