Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Microbial Endophytes: Functional Biology and Applications focuses on endophytic bacteria and fungi, including information on foundational endophytes and the latest advances in relevant genomics, proteomics and nanotechnological aspects. The book provides insights into the molecular aspects of plant endophytes and their interactions and applications, also exploring the potential commercialization of endophytic microorganisms and their use as bio fertilizers, in biocontrol, and as bioactive compounds for other sustainable applications. Coverage of important and emerging legal considerations relevant to those working to implement these important bacteria in production processes is also included.
- Presents discussion on entry, colonization and the distribution of endophytic microorganisms
- Explores the phyto immunological functions of endophytic microorganisms
- Provides genomic insights on plant endophyte interaction
- Identifies bio-commercial aspects of microbial endophytes for sustainable agriculture, including potential legal issues and IPR in microbial research
Researchers and advanced academics in microbiology, agricultural sciences, biotechnology. Microbiologists, ecologists, plant pathologists, physiologists, agronomists, molecular biologists, pharmacologists and related researchers
- Entry, colonization and distribution of endophytic microorganisms
2. Benefits of “Plant-Endophyte” interaction for sustainable cultivation of medicinal plants
3. Plant growth promoting mechanisms of endophytes
4. Endophytic bacterial strains induced systemic resistance in agriculturally important crop plants
5. Seed priming by endophytes and its agricultural applications
6. The chemical warfare involved in endophytic microorganisms-plant associations
7. Endophytic microbial influence on plant stress response
8. Microbial Bio-formulation Based Plant Biostimulants: A Plausible approach towards Next Generation of Sustainable Agriculture
9. Genomic insights of plant endophyte interaction: prospects and impact on plant health
10. Fungal Endophytic gene expression studies in plant disease management in field crop plants
11. Endophytic fungi, a treasure house of novel nanoparticles for disease
12. Endophytic Fungi from Medicinal Plants: Biodiversity and Biotechnological Applications
13. Bio-commercial aspects of microbial endophytes for sustainable agriculture
14. Legal issues and IPR in microbial research
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 1st March 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Ajay Kumar is a visiting scientist at the Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani center, Rishon Leziyon, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development Israel. Dr. Kumar completed his doctoral research from Department of Botany, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. He has published more than sixty research articles and book chapters in the leading International and National journals or books. He has wide area of research experience, especially in the field of Plant-Microbe Interactions, Microbial biocontrol, and Endophytes related with the medicinal plants. He is an invited member of the editorial committee of the“International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences” and “Journal of Plant Science and Agriculture Research. He is also an active reviewer for journals including PLOS ONE, Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment, Biological Control, Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 3Biotech etc.
Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani Center, Rishon, Lezziyon, Israel
Dr. Radhakrishnan E.K Assistant Professor at School of Biosciences of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and Joint Director of Inter University Centre for Organic Farming and Sustainable Agriculture (IUCOFSA), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. He completed his doctoral degree from Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India Post-doctoral studies from The University of Tokyo, Japan. His research areas include plant microbe interactions, microbial natural products, microbial synthesis of metal nanoparticles, development of polymer-based nanocomposites with antimicrobial effects for food packaging and medical applications
Assistant Professor, School of Biosciences of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and Joint Director of Inter University Centre for Organic Farming and Sustainable Agriculture (IUCOFSA), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam