Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Microalgae Cultivation for Biofuels Production explores the technological opportunities and challenges involved in producing economically competitive algal-derived biofuel. The book discusses efficient methods for cultivation, improvement of harvesting and lipid extraction techniques, optimization of conversion/production processes of fuels and co-products, the integration of microalgae biorefineries to several industries, environmental resilience by microalgae, and a techno-economic and lifecycle analysis of the production chain to gain maximum benefits from microalgae biorefineries.
- Provides an overview of the whole production chain of microalgal biofuels and other bioproducts
- Presents an analysis of the economic and sustainability aspects of the production chain
- Examines the integration of microalgae biorefineries into several industries
Researchers and graduate students in the field of biomass and biofuels, bioproducts, algae production and algal applications
1. Fundamentals of microalgae cultivation
2. Microalgae cultivation systems
3. Microalgae cultivation and photo-bioreactor design
4. Mixotrophic cultivation: Biomass and Biochemical Biosynthesis for Biofuel Production
5. Oleaginous Microalgae Cultivation for Biogas Upgrading and Phytoremediation of Wastewater
6. Harvesting and Conversion of Microalgal Biomass into Biodiesel
7. Membrane technology for microalgae harvesting
8. Processing of microalgae to biofuels
9. Microalgal cell disruption and lipid extraction techniques for potential biofuel production
10. Conversion of Microalgae biomass to Biofuels
11. Microalgal Biorefinery
12. Microalgal biorefineries for industrial products
13. Biorefinery of microalgae for non-fuel products
14. Recent trends in strain improvement for production of third generation biofuels from microalgae
15. Microalgae to biogas: microbiological communities involved
16. Microalgal based biodiesel production using different types of low-cost nano-biocatalysts
17. Biosynthesis of nanomaterials using algae
18. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and technical economic analysis (TEA) of algal biofuel production
19. Environmental resilience by Microalgae
20. Microalgae-based remediation of wastewaters
21. Resource recovery from waste streams using micro-algae: Opportunities and threats
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 22nd November 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Abu Yousuf holds a PhD in Chemical Engineering from the University of Naples Federico II, Italy. His primary research interests include Biorefinery, Bioenergy, Bioremediation and Waste-to-energy. One of his renewable energy projects won ‘International Invention of the Year Award’ at British Invention Show (BIS) 2017, London. He published more than 50 papers in reputed ISI and Scopus indexed journals and 5 book chapters. He has been editing 3 Books, published by Elsevier and CRC and also has been serving as an editorial board member of several reputed Journals. He won UNESCO Prize on E-learning course of ‘Energy for sustainable development in Asia’, Jakarta, Indonesia, 2011. He attended the ‘BIOVISION.Next Fellowship Programme 2013’ at Lyon, France, after a selection based on scientific excellence, mobility, involvement in civil society. He successfully accomplished 10 research grants including the grants provided by The World Academy of Science (TWAS), Italy, Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia and Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh. Dr. Yousuf is the member of IChemE, American Chemical Society (ACS), and American Association for Science and Technology (AASCIT). He has 12 years’ experience of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate levels having very good remarks from the student. Currently, Dr. Yousuf is serving as a Professor in Chemical Engineering and Polymer Science, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh. Previously he held the position of Senior Lecturer at Faculty of Engineering Technology, Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia. He presented his research work in Germany, France, Italy, India, Vietnam and Malaysia.
Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering and Polymer Science, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.