Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
2. Fundamental of Polymer Blend and its Thermodynamics
3. What are Micro and Nano Fibrillar composites: Basic Concepts, characterisation and Application
4. Processing - Morphology - Property Relationship in Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
5. Synthesis, Characterization and Application of polyolefin/Polyamide MFC
6. Synthesis, Characterization and Application of Polypropylene Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
7. Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Biodegradable Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
8. Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Liquid Crystal Polymer-based Microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar Composites
9. Recycling of Polymer-polymer Composites
10. Synthesis, Charcterization and Application of Recycled Polyester and Polypropylene-based Microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar Composites
11. Static and Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
12. Synthesis, Charcterization and Application of sustainable polymers based microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar composites
13. Role of Nanofillers in Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites: Strategy Towards Functional High Performance Composites
14. Crystallization Behaviour of of Micro and Nano Fibrillar composites
15. Diffusion, Transport and Gas Barrier Properties of Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
16. Rheology of Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
17. Synthesis, Charcterization and Application of recycled polyster and polyethylene based microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar composites
Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites (MFCs and NFCs) from Polymer Blends is a comprehensive reference for researchers, students and scientists working in the field of plastics recycling and composites. The book aims to determine the influence of micro and nanofibrillar morphology on the properties of immiscible blend systems.
Chapters cover micro and nanofibrillar composites based on polyolefin, liquid crystal polymer, biodegradable polymers, polyester and polyamide blends in various industrial application fields. The book brings together panels of highly-accomplished experts in the field of plastics recycling, blends and composites systems.
For several decades, plastic technology has played an important role in many industrial applications, such as packaging, automobiles, aerospace and construction. However the increasing use of plastics creates a lot of waste. This has led to restrictions on the use of some plastics for certain applications and a drive towards recycling of plastics. More recently, microfibrillar in-situ composites have been prepared from waste plastics such as PET/PP, PET/PE and Nylon/PP as a way of formulating new high performance polymer systems. This book tackles these issues and more, and is an ideal resource for anyone interested in polymer blends.
- Provides information on MFC and NFC based polymer blends that have been accumulated over the last 25 years, providing a useful reference
- Adopts a novel approach in terms of understanding the relationship between processing, morphology, structure, properties and applications in micro and nanofibrillar composites
- Contains contributions from leading experts in the field from both industrial and academic research
Scientists, engineers, and industrial experts, Ph.D. and master students working in the field of materials science and composites manufacturing and technology
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2017
- 16th June 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sabu Thomas is Vice Chancellor and Professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He is the author or co-author of over 1000 papers that have been cited over 47,000 times, holds 3 patents, has supervised over 100 PhDs, and has authored or edited over 100 books. His research interests include polymer blends, fiber-filled polymer composites, particulate filled polymer composites, ageing and degradation, and more.
Vice Chancellor, Mahatma Gandhi University, and Director of the School of Energy Materials, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
Raghvendra Kumar Mishra is a Visvesvaraya Senior Research Fellow at the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He received his M.Tech., in Materials Science and Technology from the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (ISRO), India in 2015. His specialized areas of research include: Polymer Recycling, Polymer blends, Fibre filled polymer composites, Particulate filled polymer composites and their morphological characterization, Ageing and degradation, Carbon nanotubes, Graphene, and Conducting polymer blends and composites.
International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India
Prof. Nandakumar Kalarikkal is currently Director at the International and Inter-University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, and Director and Chair at the School of Pure and Applied Physics, at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. His research covers synthesis, characterization and application of various nanomaterials, LASER-matter interactions, ion irradiation effects on different novel materials, and phase transitions. Prof. Kalarikkal has received several national and international recognitions, including the CNRS Professorship at Université Claude Bernard Lyon, France, Visiting Professorship from the University of Lorraine, Nancy, France, Visiting Fellow at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, India, and Guest Scientist at the Leibniz-Institut fur Polymerforchung Dresden, Germany. He has also been an invited speaker or keynote speaker at several international conferences. Prof. Kalarikkal has published more than 190 peer-reviewed research papers, 16 book chapters, 15 edited books, and has four patents. He has guided students in 18 PhD theses, 8 MPhil theses, and 25 master’s theses.
Professor and Director, International and Inter-University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, and Director and Chair, School of Pure and Applied Physics, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.