2. Fundamental of Polymer Blend and its Thermodynamics
3. What are Micro and Nano Fibrillar composites: Basic Concepts, characterisation and Application
4. Processing - Morphology - Property Relationship in Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
5. Synthesis, Characterization and Application of polyolefin/Polyamide MFC
6. Synthesis, Characterization and Application of Polypropylene Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
7. Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Biodegradable Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
8. Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Liquid Crystal Polymer-based Microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar Composites
9. Recycling of Polymer-polymer Composites
10. Synthesis, Charcterization and Application of Recycled Polyester and Polypropylene-based Microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar Composites
11. Static and Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
12. Synthesis, Charcterization and Application of sustainable polymers based microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar composites
13. Role of Nanofillers in Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites: Strategy Towards Functional High Performance Composites
14. Crystallization Behaviour of of Micro and Nano Fibrillar composites
15. Diffusion, Transport and Gas Barrier Properties of Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
16. Rheology of Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
17. Synthesis, Charcterization and Application of recycled polyster and polyethylene based microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar composites
Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites (MFCs and NFCs) from Polymer Blends is a comprehensive reference for researchers, students and scientists working in the field of plastics recycling and composites. The book aims to determine the influence of micro and nanofibrillar morphology on the properties of immiscible blend systems.
Chapters cover micro and nanofibrillar composites based on polyolefin, liquid crystal polymer, biodegradable polymers, polyester and polyamide blends in various industrial application fields. The book brings together panels of highly-accomplished experts in the field of plastics recycling, blends and composites systems.
For several decades, plastic technology has played an important role in many industrial applications, such as packaging, automobiles, aerospace and construction. However the increasing use of plastics creates a lot of waste. This has led to restrictions on the use of some plastics for certain applications and a drive towards recycling of plastics. More recently, microfibrillar in-situ composites have been prepared from waste plastics such as PET/PP, PET/PE and Nylon/PP as a way of formulating new high performance polymer systems. This book tackles these issues and more, and is an ideal resource for anyone interested in polymer blends.
- Provides information on MFC and NFC based polymer blends that have been accumulated over the last 25 years, providing a useful reference
- Adopts a novel approach in terms of understanding the relationship between processing, morphology, structure, properties and applications in micro and nanofibrillar composites
- Contains contributions from leading experts in the field from both industrial and academic research
Scientists, engineers, and industrial experts, Ph.D. and master students working in the field of materials science and composites manufacturing and technology
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2017
- 16th June 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Sabu Thomas is Professor of Polymer Science & Technology and Honorary Director of the International and Inter University Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He is a prolific researcher, with 420 international papers, 6122 total citations, 2 patents, 18 books and a total of over 625 publications to his name, and is listed as one of the most productive researchers in India by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research. Prof. Thomas is a recognized authority in the field of polymer-based materials, and established the state-of-the-art lab in polymer science and nanotechnology at Mahatma Gandhi University. He has been a visiting professor at many polymer research laboratories in Europe and Asia.
Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India
Raghvendra Kumar Mishra is a Visvesvaraya Senior Research Fellow at the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He received his M.Tech., in Materials Science and Technology from the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (ISRO), India in 2015. His specialized areas of research include: Polymer Recycling, Polymer blends, Fibre filled polymer composites, Particulate filled polymer composites and their morphological characterization, Ageing and degradation, Carbon nanotubes, Graphene, and Conducting polymer blends and composites.
International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India
Dr. Nandakumar Kalarikkal is an Associate Professor at School of Pure and Applied Physics and Joint Director of International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. His research activities involve applications of nanostructured materials, laser plasma, phase transitions, etc. He is the recipient of research fellowships and associateships from prestigious government organizations such as the Department of Science and Technology and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research of Government of India. He has active collaboration with national and international scientific institutions in India, South Africa, Slovenia, Canada, France, Germany, Malaysia, Australia and US. He has more than 130 publications in peer reviewed journals. He has also co-edited 9 books of scientific interest and co-authored many book chapters
International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India