2. Fundamental of Polymer Blend and its Thermodynamics
3. What are Micro and Nano Fibrillar composites: Basic Concepts, characterisation and Application
4. Processing - Morphology - Property Relationship in Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
5. Synthesis, Characterization and Application of polyolefin/Polyamide MFC
6. Synthesis, Characterization and Application of Polypropylene Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
7. Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Biodegradable Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
8. Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Liquid Crystal Polymer-based Microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar Composites
9. Recycling of Polymer-polymer Composites
10. Synthesis, Charcterization and Application of Recycled Polyester and Polypropylene-based Microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar Composites
11. Static and Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
12. Synthesis, Charcterization and Application of sustainable polymers based microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar composites
13. Role of Nanofillers in Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites: Strategy Towards Functional High Performance Composites
14. Crystallization Behaviour of of Micro and Nano Fibrillar composites
15. Diffusion, Transport and Gas Barrier Properties of Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
16. Rheology of Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites
17. Synthesis, Charcterization and Application of recycled polyster and polyethylene based microfibrillar and Nanofibrillar composites
Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites (MFCs and NFCs) from Polymer Blends is a comprehensive reference for researchers, students and scientists working in the field of plastics recycling and composites. The book aims to determine the influence of micro and nanofibrillar morphology on the properties of immiscible blend systems.
Chapters cover micro and nanofibrillar composites based on polyolefin, liquid crystal polymer, biodegradable polymers, polyester and polyamide blends in various industrial application fields. The book brings together panels of highly-accomplished experts in the field of plastics recycling, blends and composites systems.
For several decades, plastic technology has played an important role in many industrial applications, such as packaging, automobiles, aerospace and construction. However the increasing use of plastics creates a lot of waste. This has led to restrictions on the use of some plastics for certain applications and a drive towards recycling of plastics. More recently, microfibrillar in-situ composites have been prepared from waste plastics such as PET/PP, PET/PE and Nylon/PP as a way of formulating new high performance polymer systems. This book tackles these issues and more, and is an ideal resource for anyone interested in polymer blends.
- Provides information on MFC and NFC based polymer blends that have been accumulated over the last 25 years, providing a useful reference
- Adopts a novel approach in terms of understanding the relationship between processing, morphology, structure, properties and applications in micro and nanofibrillar composites
- Contains contributions from leading experts in the field from both industrial and academic research
Scientists, engineers, and industrial experts, Ph.D. and master students working in the field of materials science and composites manufacturing and technology
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2017
- 16th June 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Thomas is the Director of the International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology and full professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. He is an outstanding leader with sustained international acclaims for his work in Polymer Science and Engineering, Polymer Nanocomposites, Elastomers, Polymer Blends, Interpenetrating Polymer Networks, Polymer Membranes, Green Composites and Nanocomposites, Nanomedicine and Green Nanotechnology. Dr. Thomas’s ground breaking inventions in polymer nanocomposites, polymer blends, green bionanotechnological and nano-biomedical sciences, have made transformative differences in the development of new materials for automotive, space, housing and biomedical fields. Professor Thomas has received a number of national and international awards which include: Fellowship of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Distinguished Professorship from Josef Stefan Institute, Slovenia, MRSI medal, CRSI medal and Sukumar Maithy award. He is in the list of most productive researchers in India and holds a position of No.5. Professor Thomas has published over 720 peer reviewed research papers, reviews and book chapters. He has co-edited 54 books published by Royal Society, Wiley, Wood head, Elsevier, CRC Press, Springer, Nova etc. He is the inventor of 4 patents. The h index of Prof. Thomas is 78 and has more than 26811 citations.Prof. Thomas has delivered over 300 Plenary/Inaugural and Invited lectures in national/international meetings over 30 countries. He has already supervised 74 Ph.D theses.
Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India
Raghvendra Kumar Mishra is a Visvesvaraya Senior Research Fellow at the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He received his M.Tech., in Materials Science and Technology from the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (ISRO), India in 2015. His specialized areas of research include: Polymer Recycling, Polymer blends, Fibre filled polymer composites, Particulate filled polymer composites and their morphological characterization, Ageing and degradation, Carbon nanotubes, Graphene, and Conducting polymer blends and composites.
International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India
Dr. Nandakumar Kalarikkal is an Associate Professor at School of Pure and Applied Physics and Joint Director of International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. His research activities involve applications of nanostructured materials, laser plasma, phase transitions, etc. He is the recipient of research fellowships and associateships from prestigious government organizations such as the Department of Science and Technology and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research of Government of India. He has active collaboration with national and international scientific institutions in India, South Africa, Slovenia, Canada, France, Germany, Malaysia, Australia and US. He has more than 130 publications in peer reviewed journals. He has also co-edited 9 books of scientific interest and co-authored many book chapters
International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India