Meyler's Side Effects of Drugs Used in Anesthesia
Elsevier now offers a series of derivative works based on the acclaimed Meylers Side Effect of Drugs, 15th Edition. These individual volumes are grouped by specialty to benefit the practicing physician or health care clinician.
A safe and efficient anesthesia practice requires appropriate drug knowledge. Catastrophes under anesthesia have focused attention on the interaction between drugs, including prescribed and non-prescribed medications, including interactions with vitamins, herbal preparations, traditional remedies, and food supplements.
This book summarizes the adverse effects of a large range of drugs used in anesthesia. The material is drawn from the 15th edition of the internationally renowned encyclopedia, Meyler’s Side Effects of Drugs, and the latest volumes in the companion series, Side Effects of Drugs Annuals.
This volume is critical for any health professional involved in the administration of anesthesia.
- Surpasses the Physician’s Desk Reference © by including clinical case studies and independent expert analysis
- Complete index of drug names
- Most complete cross referencing of drug-drug interactions available
The book is divided into three separate sections:
- General Anesthetics – A general introduction to their adverse effects, followed by monographs on individual inhalational and intravenous anesthetics.
- Local Anesthetics – A general introduction to their adverse effects including the adverse effects of different routes of administration, followed by monographs on individual local anesthetics.
- Neuromuscular Blocking Agents and Muscle Relaxants - A general introduction to their adverse effects, followed by monographs on individual agents.
Drug names have usually been designated by their recommended or proposed International Non-proprietary Names (rINN or pINN); when those are not available, clinical names have been used. In some cases, brand names have been used.
Table of Contents
Neuromuscular Blocking Drugs and Muscle Relaxants
Index of drug names
- No. of pages: 320
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2008
- Published: September 23, 2008
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080932910
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444532701
About the Author
Jeffrey K. Aronson
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Meyler's Side Effects of Drugs Used in Anesthesia"