Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Methods in Sustainability Science: Assessment, Prioritization, Improvement, Design and Optimization presents cutting edge, detailed methodologies needed to create sustainable growth in any field or industry, including life cycle assessments, building design, and energy systems. The book utilized a systematic structured approach to each of the methodologies described in an interdisciplinary way to ensure the methodologies are applicable in the real world, including case studies to demonstrate the methods. The chapters are written by a global team of authors in a variety of sustainability related fields.
Methods in Sustainability Science: Assessment, Prioritization, Improvement, Design and Optimization will provide academics, researchers and practitioners in sustainability, especially environmental science and environmental engineering, with the most recent methodologies needed to maintain a sustainable future. It is also a necessary read for postgraduates in sustainability, as well as academics and researchers in energy and chemical engineering who need to ensure their industrial methodologies are sustainable.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the most recent methodologies in sustainability assessment, prioritization, improvement, design and optimization
- Sections are organized in a systematic and logical way to clearly present the most recent methodologies for sustainability and the chapters utilize an interdisciplinary approach that covers all considerations of sustainability
- Includes detailed case studies demonstrating the efficacies of the described methods
Researchers and academicians, specialists (engineers and technicians), life-cycle experts and practitioners, professionals and strategy developers working in environmental engineering or in related fields liable to sustainable innovations. A secondary audience could include students at advanced level taking related coursework within the disciplines in the field of environmental engineering and sustainability science. A further placing could be within university libraries as textbook and/or supplemental reading in graduates and post-graduate level multi-discipline courses dealing with sustainable systems and environmental science
- Introduction of Methods in Sustainability Science
2. Business Contributions to Sustainable Development Goals
3. Sustainability Assessment: Metrics and Methods
Himanshu Nautiyal and Varun Goel
4. Sustainability Assessment of Energy Systems: Indicators, Methods and Applications
5. Sustainability Measurement: Evolution and Methods
Mariolina Longo, Matteo Mura, Chiara Vagnini and Sara Zanni
6. Industrial Sustainability Performance Measurement System – Challenges for the development
7. Life Cycle Assessment: Methods, Limitations and Illustrations
8. Life Cycle Assessment for Better Sustainability: Methodological Framework and Applications
Aman Kumar, Ekta Singh, Sunil Kumar and Rahul Mishra
9. Life cycle sustainability dashboard: method and case study
Daniela Camana, Alessandro Manzardo, Sara Toniolo and Andrea Fedele
10. Multi-criteria decision making methods for Results Interpretation of Life Cycle Assessment
Ana Carolina Maia Angelo
11. Composite Sustainability Indices (CSI); A Robust Tool for the Sustainability Measurement of Chemical Processes from “Early Design” to “Production” Stages
12. Sustainability assessment using the ELECTRE TRI multicriteria sorting method
Luis C. Dias
13. Sustainability improvement opportunities for an Industrial Complex
Ravi Prakash, Dilawar Husain and Rahul Singh Yadav
14. Coupled life cycle assessment and data envelopment analysis to optimize energy consumption and mitigate environmental impacts in agricultural production
Ashkan Nabavi-Pelesaraei, Zahra Saber, Fatemeh Mostashari-Rad, Hassan Ghasemi-Mobtaker and Kwok-wing Chau
15. Lean Integrated Management System for Sustainability Improvement: an integrated system of tools and metrics for sustainability management
João Paulo Estevam de Souza
16. Coupled Life Cycle Thinking and Data Envelopment Analysis for Quantitative Sustainability Improvement
Diego Iribarren and Mario Martín-Gamboa
17. How can sensors be used for Sustainability Improvement?
Rafid M. Alkhaddar and Patryk Kot
18. Sustainable Design based on LCA and Operations Management Methods (SWOT, PESTEL and 7 S)
Manel Sansa, Ahmed Badreddine and Taieb Ben Romdhane
19. The importance of integrating lean thinking with digital solutions adoption for value-oriented high productivity of sustainable building delivery
Moshood Olawale Fadeyi
20. Robust Optimization and Control for Sustainable Processes
Flavio Manenti, Alessandro Di Pretoro, Xavier Joulia and Ludovic Montastruc
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st August 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Jingzheng Ren is Assistant Professor of Modelling for Energy, Environment and Sustainability at the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering of Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU). He has also been nominated as adjunct/honorary associate professor of University of Southern Denmark (Denmark) and associated senior research fellow of the Institute for Security & Development Policy (Stockholm, Sweden). Prof. Ren serves as board member of several scientific journals and published more than 150 papers, authored 1 book, edited more than 10 books and published more than 40 book chapters. His research focuses on process system engineering for better sustainability and mathematical models for solving energy and environmental problems and promoting sustainability transition
Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.