Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Techniques for Cultivating Methanogens
Ralph S. Wolfe
2. Genetic Methods for Methanosarcina species
Nicole Buan, Gargi Kulkarni and William Metcalf
3. Genetic Systems for Hydrogenotrophic Methanogens
Felipe Sarmiento B, John A. Leigh and William B. Whitman
4. Molecular tools for investigating ANME community structure and function
Steven J. Hallam, Antoine Pagé, Lea Constan, Young C. Song, Angela Norbeck, Heather Mottaz, and Ljiljana Pasa-Tolic
5. Studying gene regulation in methanogenic archaea
Michael Rother, Christian Sattler and Tilmann Stock
6. Growth of Methanogens Under Defined Hydrogen Conditions
John A. Leigh
7. Preparation of [Fe]-hydrogenase from methanogenic archaea
Seigo Shima, Michael Schick and Haruka Tamur
8. Assay of methylotrophic methyltransferases from methanogenic archaea
Donald J. Ferguson, David G. Longstaff and Joseph A. Krzycki
9. Methyl-Coenzyme M Reductase from Methanothermobacter marburgensis
Evert C. Duin, Divya Prakash, Charlene Brungess
10. Methods for Analysis of Acetyl-CoA Synthase: Applications to bacterial and archaeal systems
David A. Grahame
11. Acetate Kinase and Phosphotransacetylase
James G. Ferry
12. Sodium ion translocation and ATP synthesis in methanogens
Katharina Schlegel and Volker Müller
13. Proton translocation in methanogens
Cornelia Welte and Uwe Deppenmeier
14. Measuring isotope fractionation by autotrophic microorganisms and enzymes
Kathleen M. Scott, Gordon Fox and Peter R. Girguis
15. 2-Oxoacid Metabolism in Methanogenic CoM and CoB Biosynthesis
David E. Graham
16. Biomethanation and its potential
Irini Angelidaki, Fons Stams and Dimitar Karakashev
Produced by microbes on a large scale, methane is an important alternative fuel as well as a potent greenhouse gas. This volume focuses on microbial methane metabolism, which is central to the global carbon cycle. Both methanotrophy and methanogenesis are covered in detail. Topics include isolation and classification of microorganisms, metagenomics approaches, biochemistry of key metabolic enzymes, gene regulation and genetic systems, and field measurements. The state-of-the-art techniques described here will both guide researchers in specific pursuits and educate the wider scientific community about this exciting and rapidly developing field.
- Topics include isolation and classification of microorganisms, metagenomics approaches, biochemistry of key metabolic enzymes, gene regulation and genetic systems, and field measurements
- The state-of-the-art techniques described here will both guide researchers in specific pursuits and educate the wider scientific community about this exciting and rapidly developing field
Researchers and the wider scientific community
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2011
- 24th March 2011
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.