Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Chapter One: Introduction
F. Khan and S.J. Hashemi
- 1 Background
- 2 Overview of Process Safety
- 3 Methods in Chemical Process Safety
Chapter Two: Learning From the Experience
- 1 Exxon Valdez (1989)
- 2 Esso Longford (1998)
- 3 Exxon et al. Blackbeard (2006)
- 4 BP Texas City 2005
- 5 BP et al. Macondo (2010)
Chapter Three: Elements of Process Safety Management
P.R. Amyotte and C.S. Lupien
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Management Systems
- 3 Safety Management Systems
- 4 Process Safety Management
- 5 Process Safety Concepts in PSM
- 6 Concluding Remarks
Chapter Four: Human Factors in the Chemical Process Industries
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Human Factors Definitions and Terminology
- 3 Performance Influencing Factors
- 4 Individual Factors
- 5 Job Factors
- 6 Organizational Factors
- 7 General Conclusion
Chapter Five: Introduction to Dynamic Risk Analyses
W.D. Seider, A. Pariyani, U.G. Oktem, I. Moskowitz, J.E. Arbogast and M. Soroush
- 1 Introductory Concepts and Chapter Objectives
- 2 Dynamic Risk Analysis Using Alarm Data
- 3 Informed Prior Distributions
- 4 Summary
Chapter Six: Regulation of Chemical Process Safety: Current Approaches and Their Effectiveness
- 1 Glossary
- 2 Summary
- 3 Introduction
- 4 Overall Approaches: Prescriptive and Safety Case Regimes
- 5 Some SCEs Related to Process Safety
- 6 Some Examples of Regulatory Regimes
- 7 Some Historical Process Related Accidents: Could Effective Regulation Have Prevented Them?
- 8 Classification Societies: An Introduction and Their Role in Process Safety
- 9 Concluding Remarks
Methods in Chemical Process Safety, Volume One publishes fully commissioned reviews across the field of process safety, risk assessment, and management and loss prevention, with this volume focusing on the process of learning from experience, elements of process safety management, human factors in the chemical process industries, and the regulation of chemical process safety, including current approaches and their effectiveness. Users will find an informative tool and user manual for process safety for both engineering researchers and practitioners that details the latest methods in the field of chemical process safety.
- Helps acquaint the reader/researcher with the fundamentals of process safety
- Provides the most recent advancements and contributions on the topic from a practical point-of-view
- Presents users with the views/opinions of experts in each topic
- Includes a selection of the author(s) of each chapter from among the leading researchers and/or practitioners for each given topic
The audience of this series is engineering practitioners as well researchers
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 7th April 2017
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. Faisal Khan is a Professor and Vale Research Chair of Safety and Risk Management at Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada. He has established a new Research Centre – the Centre for Risk Integrity and Safety and Engineering (C-RISE), which has over 40 research members. His areas of research interest include offshore safety and risk engineering, inherent safety, risk management, and risk-based integrity assessment and management.
Centre for Risk, Integrity and Safety Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.