Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Advanced Methods of Risk Assessment and Management - An Overview
Faisal Khan and Paul Amyotte
2. Dynamic Risk - Fundamentals
3. Logic Based Methods for Dynamic Risk Assessment
4. Bayesian Methods for Dynamic Risk Assessment
5. Data Driven Methods
6. Rare Event Risk Assessment
7. Risk Management - Multi Criteria
8. Human Factors Risk Assessment
Norafneeza Binti Norazahar
9. Acceptable Risk - Regulatory Aspects
10. Advanced Methods for Environmental Risk Management
11. Methods for Process Economic Risk Management
12. Methods for Domino Effect Risk Assessment
13. Inherently Safer Design Principles in Risk Management
Methods in Chemical Process Safety, Volume Four focuses on the process of learning from experience, including elements of process safety management, human factors in the chemical process industries, and the regulation of chemical process safety, including current approaches. Users will find this book to be an informative tool and user manual for process safety for a variety of professionals with this new release focusing on Advanced Methods of Risk Assessment and Management, Logic Based Methods for Dynamic Risk Assessment, Bayesian Methods for Dynamic Risk Assessment, Data Driven Methods, Rare Event Risk Assessment, Risk Management and Multi Criteria, and much more.
- Helps acquaint the reader/researcher with the fundamentals of process safety
- Provides the most recent advancements and contributions on the topic from a practical point-of-view
- Presents users with the views/opinions of experts in each topic
- Includes a selection of authors who are leading researchers and/or practitioners for each given topic
Engineering practitioners as well researchers
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 26th June 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Since 2011 Dr. Paul Amyotte, P.Eng. has held the C.D. Howe Chair in Process Safety at Dalhousie University, where he is also a Professor of Chemical Engineering. Dr. Amyotte’s research and practice interests are in industrial safety and loss management, particularly in the areas of process safety and inherently safer design (ISD). He is an expert in the prevention and mitigation of dust explosions. He has written a book with us entitled An Introduction to Dust Explosions, and wrote the second edition of Process Plants: A Handbook for Inherently Safer Design in conjunction with Trevor Kletz. He has published or presented approximately 300 research papers, and is the editor of the Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. He is also a Past-President of the Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering, Engineers Nova Scotia, and Engineers Canada. Dr. Amyotte leads a comprehensive research team of undergraduate and graduate students as well as postdoctoral fellows working to advance process safety practice worldwide.
Professor of Chemical Engineering and C.D. Howe Chair in Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering and Applied Science, Dalhousie University, Canada
Prof. Faisal Khan is a Professor and Vale Research Chair of Safety and Risk Management at Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada. He has established a new Research Centre – the Centre for Risk Integrity and Safety and Engineering (C-RISE), which has over 40 research members. His areas of research interest include offshore safety and risk engineering, inherent safety, risk management, and risk-based integrity assessment and management.
Centre for Risk, Integrity and Safety Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.