PART 1: FUNDAMENTALS OF METAL OXIDE GLASS COMPOSITES
1. Fundamentals of glasses
2. Metal oxide glass nanocomposites
3. Features of metal oxide glass composite synthesis
4. Experimental tools for characterisations of glass-nanocomposites cotaining metal oxides
PART 2: FEATURES OF METAL OXIDE GLASS COMPOSITE PROPERTIES
5. Mechanical properties of oxide glassy nanocomposites
6. Microhardness of some glassy nanocomposites
7. Features of chemical properties of metal oxide glass nanocomposites
8. Electron and ion transport in metal oxide glass composites
9. Frequency dependent ac conductivity of some vanadate glass-nanocomposites
10. Electrical transport of some ionic glass-nanocomposites
11. Dc and ac conductivity of some lithium ion conducticting glassy nanocomposites
12. Dielectric properties of oxide glass composites
PART 3: APPLICATIONS OF METAL OXIDE GLASS COMPOSITES
14. Photonic glass-ceramics
15. Biomedical applications
16. Metal oxide glass fibers
17. Other applications
Metal Oxide Glass Nanocomposites covers the recent developments of metal oxide glass nanocomposites including discussion of synthesis methods, properties, characterization methods, and most promising applications.
Metal oxide glasses are multifunctional materials which enable them to be utilized in a wide range of applications. Applications reviewed include electrodes, photonic glass-ceramics, dental applications, thermo-electric applications and metal oxide glass fibres, lithium ion conductors etc., which are of great interest for material researchers.
The book discusses electronic and ionic conduction mechanisms of this materials system with an eye towards device applications. It also provides a comprehensive review of the material’s useful properties and structures.
Metal Oxide Glass Nanocomposites is appropriate for materials scientists and engineers, physicists and chemists.
- Includes comprehensive overview of metal oxide glass nanocomposite key features including optical properties, magnetic properties, electronic transport, dielectric properties, mechanical properties and more
- Reviews wide range of most relevant applications such as photonic, biomedical, electronic, and thermoelectric
- Considers the advantages and disadvantages of metal oxide glass nanocomposites for utilization in key applications
Review of the synthesis methods, properties, characterization methods, and most promising applications of this important multifunctional materials system
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st January 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Sanjib Bhattacharya is currently the Principal Investigator (PI) of the Composite Materials Research Laboratory at the Siliguri Insitute of Technology. He is also the PI of the ongoing major CSIR-funded research project “Relaxation Dynamics of Lithium Ion Conducting Glass-Ceramics.” Dr. Bhattacharya’s research interests include the study of electrical transport, glass and glass-nanocomposites, and chalcogenide glass alloys. Dr. Bhattacharya has authored 39 papers and has given 29 presentations at international conferences.
Assistant Professor, Siliguri Institute of Technology, Siliguri, India