Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Metal-Organic Frameworks for Biomedical Applications is a comprehensive, authoritative reference that offers a substantial and complete treatment of published results that have yet to be critically reviewed. It offers a summary of current research and provides in-depth understanding of the role of metal-organic frameworks in biomedical engineering. The title consists of twenty-two chapters presented by leading international researchers in the field. Chapters are arranged by target-application in biomedical engineering, allowing medical and pharmaceutic specialists to translate current materials and engineering science on metal-organic frameworks into their work.
- Presents the state-of-the art in metal-organic frameworks for biomedical applications
- Offers comprehensive treatment of metal-organic frameworks that is useful to pharmaceutic and medical experts who are non-specialists in materials science
- Helps materials scientists and engineers understand the needs of biomedical engineering
- Critically-reviews published results and current research in the field
Biomedical and pharmaceutical researchers who are non-specialists in materials science; materials scientists and engineers interested in biomedical applications; postgraduate researchers interested in applying materials science to biomedicine
- Classification of MOFs by Structure: For Biomedical Engineering
2. Nomenclature of MOFs
3. Secondary Building Units of MOFs
4. Mixed Metal Systems for the Synthesis of MOFs
5. MOFs Linkers useful for Biomedical Applications
6. The Role of Flexibility in MOFs
7. Defects and Disorders in MOFs
8. Surface Modification of MOFs for Biomedical Applications
9. Hydrothermal Synthesis of MOFs
10. Microwave Synthesis of MOFs
11. Electrochemical Synthesis of MOFs
12. Mechanochemical Synthesis of MOFs
13. Sonochemical Synthesis of MOFs
14. Synthetic Post-Modification of MOFs for Biomedical Applications
15. Characterization of MOFs
16. Adsorption, Delivery and Controlled Release of Therapeutic Molecules from MOFs
18. Antibacterial Activity of MOFs
19. Toxicity of MOFs in Biological Systems
20. Functional MOFs as Theranostics
21. Functional MOFs as Molecular Imaging Probes
22. State-of-the-art and future perspectives of MOFs in medicine
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 29th February 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Masoud Mozafari is a Fellow at Lunenfeld Tanenbaum Research Institute, Mount Sinai Health Hospital, University of Toronto. He was previously Assistant Professor and Director of the Bioengineering Lab, at the Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials Department, Materials and Energy Research Center, Cellular and Molecular Research Center, and Department of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine of the Iran University of Medical Sciences (IUMS), Tehran, Iran. Dr. Mozafari’s research interests range across biomaterials, nanotechnology, and tissue engineering, and he is known for the development of strategies for the treatment of damaged tissues and organs, and controlling biological substances for targeted delivery into the human body. Dr. Mozafari has received several awards, including the Khwarizmi Award and the Julia Polak European Doctorate Award for outstanding translational research contributions to the field of biomaterials. He has also received the WIPO Medal for Inventors from The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), in recognition of his contributions to economic and technological development. Dr. Mozafari is currently working on the editorial board of several journals.
Research Fellow, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.