Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Meso-Cenozoic Brazilian Offshore Magmatism: Geochemistry, Petrology and Tectonics presents detailed studies from different points-of-view on the geological—particularly magmatic—evolution of the Brazilian and South Atlantic Ocean offshore areas. This comprehensive book on geological events will help readers understand the holistic evolution of the area across geographical boundaries. Each chapter consists of an introduction, regional and local geology, methods, results, discussions, conclusions and supplementary material related to the geological development in island and seamounts in the Brazilian Platform and seafloor.
- Integrates independent studies and research of the Brazilian offshore magmatism and tectonics into a single book
- Includes new seamount and island data that was previously unavailable to the public
- Introduces case studies to provide real-world examples of volcanism and scientific evolution
Exploration geologists; oil and gas industry. Academic and research scientists in geology, oceanography, environmental sciences, economical geology; experts in petroleum engineering
- South Atlantic Ocean: Post-breakup configuration and Cenozoic magmatism
2. Analysis and evolution of South Atlantic fracture zones their tectonic behavior in south and southeast Brazil's edge
3. Islands and Seamounts ridge geomorphology: Integrated seismic and potential field data
4. The Singular St. Peter and St. Paul Archipelago, Equatorial Atlantic, Brazil
5. Genesis and evolution of the Fernando de Noronha Island
6. The Abrolhos Magmatic Complex: A case study of a massive post-rift volcanism affecting the Brazilian rifted margin
7. Uplift and subsidence of the RGR: U-Th/He in apatite and EPFT in zircon
8. The role of Rio Grande aulacogen on the continental Mesozoic-Cenozoic alkaline magmatism
9. The Trindade Island: geology and evolution of the geological knowledge
10. Martin Vaz Archipelago: The youngest magmatism in the Brazilian Territory
11. Vitoria-Trindade Seamounts: Undersaturated alkaline series evolution from an enriched metasomatized source
12. Equatorial Margin: Lithospheric control on seamounts genesis
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st November 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Anderson Costa dos Santos is a young scientist investigating the Vitória-Trindade Ridge (VTR) magmatism and its relation to the Trindade Mantle Plume which expressed large alkaline igneous provinces inland Brazilian territory. Dedicating his earlier years to teaching optical mineralogy and magmatic processes at Rio de Janeiro State University, he found his passion on seamounts and islands evolution. Dr. Costa dos Santos majored in Geology at Rio de Janeiro State University and obtained his masters and doctorate in Science by the same institution.
Scientist, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Peter Christian Hackspacher is a Senior Professor for Geotectonics at the Department of Petrology and Metallogeny, Institute of Geociences and Exact Sciences,State University São Paulo, IGCE/UNESP. He’s the senior researcher and leader of the Tectonic Group CNPq, as well as the Leader of the Center for Thermochronometry and Thermochronology DPM/IGCE/UNESP. He currently acts as the Director of the Institute for Oceanic Studies at UNESP. His research is focused in tectonics and geochronology with special interest in Precambrian and Phanerozoic terranes related to the PT history through the time, in Brazil, Peruvian Andes, and southwestern Africa. He is engaged in fundamental and applied research of low and high temperature thermochronometry and thermochronology.
Senior Professor, Department of Petrology and Metallogeny, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.