Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Human Health and Diseases provides a contemporary overview of the fast-moving field of MSC biology, regenerative medicine and therapeutics. MSCs offer the potential to dramatically reduce human suffering from disease. Numerous MSC-based studies are ongoing each year, each offering hope for novel treatments in human disease. This book provides information on MSC application in well-studied human diseases and tissue repair/regeneration and recent advances in their research and treatment. These discoveries are placed within the structural context of tissue and developmental biology in sections dealing with recent advances in our understanding of MSC biology.
- Includes insights ranging from MSC biology and development through the derivation and identification and properties of MSCs
- Helps to identify potential innovative solutions for restoring normal morphogenesis and/or regeneration of diseased organs
- Discusses the fact-based promise of MSC therapeutics and regenerative medicine in the real world
Researchers and practitioners in the following fields: Stem Cell Biology Research and Biotechnology, Regenerative Medicine, Disease, Medical Education, Biomedical Engineering
1. Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Regenerative Medicine and Diseases: Hope for Better Human Health
2. Application of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Human Diseases
Wenyan Zhou and Yun Xu
3. Immunoregulatory Properties of Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Their Application in Immunotherapy
Dmytro Shytikov, Pengfei Wang, Deepak Rohila
4. Stem Cell Therapies in Ocular Repair: Regeneration and Diseases
5. The Applications of Stem Cell Secretome in Regenerative Medicine
Barbara Mendes.Pinheiro, Ana Marote, Cláudia R. Marques, Fabio G. Teixeira, Jorge Cibrao Ribeiro, Antonio J. Salgado
6. Innovation in Induced Mesenchymal Stem Cell Uses in Therapy
7. Role of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Bone Fracture Repair and Regeneration
Yishan Chen, Junxin Lin, Yeke Yu and Xiaotian Du
8. Tendon Stem Cells and Their Interaction with Microenvironments
Yangwu Chen, Xiao Chen and Zi Yin
9. Mesenchymal Stem Cell Roles in Osteoarthritis (Joints) Disease
10. Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Cancer Therapy
11. Mesenchymal Stem Cell Roles in Human Health and Diseases: General Discussion, Conclusion Remark and Future Direction
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 7th January 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. El-Hashash is a fellow of the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine and New York University Medical School. Prof. El-Hashash worked as a senior biomedical research scientist at Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. He was Assistant Professor and Principal Investigator of Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine at Keck School of Medicine and Ostrow School of Dentistry of The University of Southern California. In 2016, Prof. Hashash joined The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Medical School-Zhejiang International Campus, as Tenure-Track Associate Professor and Senior Principal Investigator of Biomedicine, Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine. Prof. El-Hashash has several breakthrough discoveries in genes/enzymes that control stem cell behavior and regenerative medicine and has published more than 25 papers in international journals and serves as an editorial board member of repute. He is the editor or author of several books on stem cell and regenerative medicine.
The University of Edinburgh-Zhejiang International Campus, China and Edinburgh University Medical School, UK and Zhejiang University Schools of Medicine and Basic Medicine, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.