Designed for quick reference in the clinical environment, Merrill's Pocket Guide to Radiography is a pocket-sized companion to Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures, 13th Edition that summarizes essential information for 170 of the most frequently requested projections radiographers will encounter in clinical practice. This handy reference is tabbed for easy access to information and also includes computed radiography information and diagnostic-quality radiographs for reference with each positioning presentation.
- Diagnostic-quality radiographs demonstrate the result the radiographer is trying to achieve.
- Key positioning information is formatted for quick reference to give radiographers easy access to the information.
- Bulleted step-by-step instructions for positioning the patient and body part facilitate quick and efficient performance of radiographic exams.
- Section dividers with tabs provide quick access to sections.
- Two-color format emphasizes the most important information on the page and helps radiographers quickly locate and use the information.
- Computed radiography information allows radiographers to make the subtle adjustments necessary to obtain optimal results with CR.
- Exposure technique chart for every projection helps reduce the number of repeat radiographs and improves overall image quality
- Abbreviations and external landmarks on the inside covers provide quick reference to frequently needed information.
- Compensating filter information are included for those projections where filters are used.
1. Upper limb
2. Lower limb
3. Vertebral column
7. Mobile Radiography
Grid Conversion Factors
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2016
- 26th February 2015
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Director and Associate Professor, Radiologic Imaging and Sciences Programs, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Associate Professor, Radiologic Sciences, Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR
Instructor, Radiologic Technology, Medical Imaging Department, Portland Community College, Portland, OR, USA