Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities: An Integrated Approach to Process, Tools, Cases, and Solutions, Eleventh Edition presents the most current and comprehensive M&A information available. Organized according to the context in which topics normally occur in the M&A process, the book covers M&A environments, M&A processes, M&A valuation and modeling, deal structuring and financing strategies, and alternative business and restructuring strategies. Covering industries worldwide, this new edition illustrates the most germane strategies and tactics in today's marketplace. It includes substantially more ancillary materials than previous editions, including an extensive test bank, chapter summaries, and instructor and student PowerPoint slides.
More than 100 new references to relevant academic research published since 2018 make the 11th edition a balanced, comprehensive guide to the complex and dynamically changing world of M&A.
- Provides a rigorous discussion on the strengths and limitations of financial modeling as applied to M&A
- Includes more than 270 empirical studies published in leading peer-reviewed journals published 2018-2020, all new since the 10th edition (2019)
- Presents updated M&A tactics and strategies as well as court cases and new regulations governing business combinations, valuation methodologies, and financing
Upper-division undergraduates, graduate students, and professionals in courses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, business strategy, management, and entrepreneurship. Among the professional audience are financial analysts, chief financial officers, operating managers, investment bankers, and portfolio managers
PART I THE MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS ENVIRONMENT
1. Introduction to Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities
2. The Regulatory Environment
3 The Corporate Takeover Market: Common Takeover Tactics, Anti-Takeover Defenses, and Corporate Governance
PART II; THE MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS PROCESS: Phases 1–10
4. Planning: Developing Business and Acquisition Plans: Phases 1 and 2 of the Acquisition Process
5. Implementation: Search through Closing: Phases 3 to 10 of the Acquisition Process
6. Post-closing Integration: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Business Alliances
PART III: MERGER AND ACQUISITION VALUATION AND MODELING
7. Merger and Acquisition Cash Flow Valuation Basics
8. Relative, Asset-Oriented, and Real Option Valuation Basics
9. Financial Modeling Basics
10. Analysis and Valuation of Privately Held Companies
PART IV: DEAL STRUCTURING AND FINANCING STRATEGIES
11. Structuring the Deal: Payment and Legal Considerations
12. Structuring the Deal: Tax and Accounting Considerations
13. Financing the Deal: Private Equity, Hedge Funds, and Other Sources of Funds
14. Applying Financial Modeling to Value, Structure, and Negotiate Stock and Asset Purchases
PART V: ALTERNATIVE BUSINESS AND RESTRUCTURING STRATEGIES
15. Business Alliances: Joint Ventures, Partnerships, Strategic Alliances, and Licensing
16. Alternative Exit and Restructuring Strategies: Divestitures, Spin-offs, Carve-outs, Split-Ups, and Split-Offs
17. Alternative Exit and Restructuring Strategies: Bankruptcy Reorganization and Liquidation
18. Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: Analysis and Valuation
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 26th September 2021
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Donald M. DePamphilis has a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University and has managed more than 30 acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, minority investments, as well as licensing and supply agreements. He is Emeritus Clinical Professor of Finance at the College of Business Administration at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. He has also taught mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructuring at the Graduate School of Management at the University of California, Irvine, and Chapman University to undergraduates, MBA, and Executive MBA students. He has published a number of articles on economic forecasting, business planning, and marketing. As Vice President of Electronic Commerce at Experian, Dr. DePamphilis managed the development of an award winning Web Site. He was also Vice President of Business Development at TRW Information Systems and Services, Director of Planning at TRW, and Chief Economist at National Steel Corporation.
Clinical Professor of Finance, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.