Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities: An Integrated Approach to Process, Tools, Cases, and Solutions, Ninth Edition, is the most current, comprehensive and cutting-edge text on M&A and corporate restructuring available. It includes many of the most up-to-date and notable deals and precedent setting judicial decisions, as well as new regulations, trends and tactics employed in M&As. The implications of recent developments such as negative interest rates on valuation and the backlash against globalization for cross-border M&As are discussed.
More than 90% of the case studies are new for this edition, involving deals either announced or completed during the last several years. It is comprehensive in that nearly all aspects of M&As and corporate restructuring are explored from business plan development to target selection and valuation to negotiation and post-merger integration. It is cutting edge in that conclusions and insights are anchored by the most recent academic research, with references to more than 160 empirical studies published in leading peer-reviewed journals just since the release of the last edition in 2015.
- Teaches about the financial, legal, accounting and strategic elements of mergers and acquisitions by concentrating on the ways their agents interact
- Emphasizes current events and trends through new and updated cases
- Highlights international mergers and acquisitions activities
Upper-division undergraduates, graduate students, and professionals working on subjects in corporate finance, corporate governance, law and economics, and industrial organization
PART I THE MERGERS AND ACQUISITION ENVIRONMENT
1. Introduction to Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities
2. The Regulatory Environment
3. The Corporate Takeover Market: Common Takeover Tactics, Anti-Takeover Defenses, and Corporate Governance
PART II THE MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS PROCESS: PHASES 1–10
4. Planning, Developing Business, and Acquisition Plans: Phases 1 and 2 of the Acquisition Process
5. Implementation: Search through Closing: Phases 3 to 10 of the Acquisition Process
6. Postclosing Integration: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Business Alliances
PART III MERGER AND ACQUISITIONS VALUATION AND MODELING
7. Merger and Acquisition Cash Flow Valuation Basics
8. Relative, Asset-Oriented, and Real Option Valuation Basics
9. Applying Financial Models to Value, Structure, and Negotiate Mergers and Acquisitions
10. Analysis and Valuation of Privately Held Companies
PART IV DEAL STRUCTURING AND FINANCING STRATEGIES
11. Structuring the Deal: Payment and Legal Considerations
12. Structuring the Deal: Tax and Accounting Considerations
13. Financing the Deal: Private Equity, Hedge Funds, and Other Sources of Funds
14. Highly Leveraged Transactions: LBO Valuation and Modeling Basics
PART V ALTERNATIVE BUSINESS AND RESTRUCTURING STRATEGIES
15. Business Alliances: Joint Ventures, Partnerships, Strategic Alliances, and Licensing
16. Alternative Exit and Restructuring Strategies: Divestitures, Spin-offs, Carve-outs, Split-Ups, and Split-Offs
17. Alternative Exit and Restructuring Strategies: Bankruptcy Reorganization and Liquidation
18. Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: Analysis and Valuation
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 10th August 2017
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Donald M. DePamphilis has a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University and has managed more than 30 acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, minority investments, as well as licensing and supply agreements. He is Emeritus Clinical Professor of Finance at the College of Business Administration at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. He has also taught mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructuring at the Graduate School of Management at the University of California, Irvine, and Chapman University to undergraduates, MBA, and Executive MBA students. He has published a number of articles on economic forecasting, business planning, and marketing. As Vice President of Electronic Commerce at Experian, Dr. DePamphilis managed the development of an award winning Web Site. He was also Vice President of Business Development at TRW Information Systems and Services, Director of Planning at TRW, and Chief Economist at National Steel Corporation.
Clinical Professor of Finance, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA, USA
"Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities by Donald DePamphilis is an outstanding book. Simply put, it is the most comprehensive M&A book on the market and ideal for anyone wishing to have a global view of this important phenomenon. The book’s value lies in drawing on multiple academic disciplines to inform the reader’s understanding of M&A supported by foundational academic research to support key insights. The rigor of this approach, together with the liberal use of a wide variety of notable and up-to-date cases, makes the book an invaluable asset to anyone seeking to further their understanding of M&A." --Duncan Angwin, Lancaster University
"A comprehensive guide to corporate restructuring processes, with a focus on the strategic and financial considerations involved in M&A and other restructuring activity. A must read!" --Satu Teerikangas, University of Turku and University College London
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.