Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Section I. Clinical and Basic Science
1. Epidemiology of Meningiomas
2. Arachnoid and Dural Reflections
3. Venous Anatomy of the Supratentorial Compartment
4. Venous Anatomy of the Infratentorial Compartment
5. Pathology of Meningiomas
6. Molecular Genetics of Meningiomas
7. Inherited Genetic Syndromes and Meningiomas
8. Preclinical models of meningioma: cell culture and animal systems
9. Meningioma: signaling pathways and tumor growth
Section II. Imaging
10. Vascularity of meningiomas
11. CT Imaging of Meningiomas
12. Imaging of Meningioma
13. Meningioma Embolization: Techniques and Results
Section III. Clinical Considerations for Meningiomas
14. Natural History of Meningiomas
15. Current decision-making in meningiomas
16. Meningiomas in Children
17. Meningiomas in the Elderly
18. Radiation Induced Meningiomas
Section IV. Operative and Peri-Operative Care
20. Seizures in Meningioma
Meningiomas, Volume 169, Part One, serves as a comprehensive review of the neurosurgical issues surrounding this extremely common brain tumor. Few procedures in surgery are more immediately formidable than an attack upon a large tumor of this type. In this volume of the Handbook of Clinical Neurology, experts in the field - from basic scientists to skilled neurosurgeons - have provided up-to-date synopses of each topic as it relates to this class of tumor. Surgical and radiation therapy, which remain the mainstays of treatment, are a major focus, but coverage also includes potential molecular avenues for the development of effective medical treatments.
- Provides current reviews of neurosurgical issues, such as endoscopic surgery, molecular biology of meningiomas, and the role of different radiation oncology treatment modalities and drug therapies
- Addresses multiple patient populations – children, elderly and those with multiple or radiation-induced tumors
- Offers a strong focus on anatomy and surgical approaches
- Features leaders in neurosurgery and neuro-oncology from around the globe – the broadest, most expert coverage available
Neurologists, neurosurgeons and neuro-oncologists at a variety of levels
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st August 2020
- Hardcover ISBN:
Michael W. McDermott is in the Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA.
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.