Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Men of Physics: Karl Lark-Horovitz presents the biography of Karl Lark-Horovitz, a physicist who significantly contributed in the then-young field of experimental nuclear physics. This book discusses the Lark-Horovitz important work in structure determination by X-ray and electron diffraction methods. Organized into two parts encompassing 19 chapters, this book begins with an overview of the biographical account of Karl Lark-Horovitz. This text then describes Lark-Horovitz's creation of a highly regarded graduate program in physics at Purdue University, which is a feat involving both the acquisition of facilities in the face of enormous difficulties and the stimulation of young physicists to develop their talents. Other chapters consider Lark-Horovitz's personal efforts and achievements in the renascence and unfolding of the field now known as solid state physics. The final chapter describes the influence of physical phenomena on visual acuity and the apparent image size. This book is a valuable resource for physicists, teachers, and students.
Part 1. The Man
II. The Early Years (1914-1928)
III. Building a Department (1928-1941)
IV. The Educator
V. Pioneer in Solid State Physics (1942-1958)
List of Publications
Part 2. His Work
1. Heteromorphies due to the Variation of Effective Aperture and Visual Acuity
2. A Permeability Test with Radioactive Indicators
3. Electromotive Force of Dielectrics
4. Structure of Liquid Argon
5. Structure of the Wood Used in Violins
6. Electron Diffraction Patterns
7. Fission of Uranium
8. Radioactive Indicators, Enteric Coatings and Intestinal Absorption
9. Resistivity and Thermoelectric Power of Germanium Alloys
10. Transition from Classical to Quantum Statistics in Germanium Semiconductors at Low Temperature
11. Theory of Thermoelectric Power in Semiconductors with Application to Germanium
12. Impurity Band Conduction in Germanium and Silicon
13. Deuteron and Neutron Bombardment of Semiconductors
14. Neutron Irradiation of Semiconductors
15. Nucleon-Bombarded Semiconductors
16. Localized Electronic States in Bombarded Semiconductors
17. Fast Neutron Bombardment of Germanium
18. The Effect of Neutron Bombardment on the Low Temperature Atomic Heat of Silicon
19. Fast Particle Irradiation of Germanium Semiconductors
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 2013
- 1st January 1969
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.