Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Membrane-Based Hybrid Processes for Wastewater Treatment analyzes and discusses the potential of membrane-based hybrid processes for the treatment of complex industrial wastewater, the recovery of valuable compounds, and water reutilization. In addition, recent and future trends in membrane technology are highlighted. Industrial wastewater contains a large variety of compounds, such as heavy metals, salts and nutrients, which makes its treatment challenging. Thus, the use of conventional water treatment methods is not always effective. Membrane-based hybrid processes have emerged as a promising technology to treat complex industrial wastewater.
- Discusses the properties, mechanisms, advantages, limitations and promising solutions of different types of membrane technologies
- Addresses the optimization of process parameters
- Describes the performance of different membranes
- Presents the potential of Nanotechnology to improve the treatment efficiency of wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs)
- Covers the application of membrane and membrane-based hybrid treatment technologies for wastewater treatment
- Includes forward osmosis, electrodialysis, and diffusion dialysis
- Considers hybrid membrane systems expanded to cover zero liquid discharge, salt recovery, and removal of trace contaminants
Engineers, scientists and managers who require knowledge to the principles of wastewater treatment processes. Students on Environmental Biotechnology/Microbiology. Different professionals working or interested in the Environmental Microbiology or Bioremediation field
1. Introduction to membrane and hybrid membrane technologies
2. Membrane-Separation Characteristics
3. Membrane Processes
4. Membrane Modules
5. Membrane Fouling
6. Effective Membrane Processes: New Perspectives
7. The Industrial Development of Polymeric Membranes and Membrane Modules for Reverse Osmosis and Ultrafiltration
8. Existing Industrial Membrane Applications: Results and Perspectives
9. Treatment of Bleaching Effluents by Pressure - Driven Membrane Processes - A Review
10. Biotechnological Applications of Membrane Systems in the Agro-Food Industry
11. Application of Membrane Separation Techniques to the Treatment of Tanneries Wastewaters
12. Hazardous Waste Reduction in the Metal-Finishing Industry
13. Purification of Landfill Leachate with Reverse Osmosis
14. Environmental Aspects of Liquid Waste and Water Treatment
15. A Selective Parameter for Ionic Membrane Transport Selectivity and Porosity of Several Passive Membranes
16. Separation Characteristics of Ultrafiltration Membranes
17. Liquid membranes
18. Membrane Reactors
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st June 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Maulin P. Shah (male), currently senior Environmental Microbiologist in Environmental Microbiology Lab at Bharuch, India. His major work involves isolation, screening, identification and Genetic Engineering of high impact of Microbes for the degradation of hazardous materials. He has edited 70 books with RSC, Wiley, Elsevier, Springer, CRC Press, De Gruyter, Nova Sciences in the area of Wastewater Microbiology. He is associated as Editorial Board member in more than 160 journals including Elsevier, Wiley, Springer, Taylor & Franscis, RSC. He has published 380 research papers in various journals.
Senior Environmental Microbiologist, Environmental Microbiology Lab, Bharuch, India
Susana Rodríguez-Couto (female) got her B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Chemistry (Industrial Chemistry) from the University of Santiago de Compostela in 1992 and her Ph.D. in Chemistry in 1999 from the University of Vigo, obtaining the maximal grade (magna cum laude) and, in addition, she was awarded with the Extraordinary Prize for Doctoral Thesis in Chemistry. She worked as an Associate Professor and an Isidro Parga Pondal Senior Researcher at the University of Vigo (2000-2004), as a Ramón y Cajal Senior Researcher at Rovira i Virgili University (2004-2008) and as an Ikerbasque Research Professor (2009-2019). She has also worked as an Invited Researcher at the Institute from Environmental Biotechnology, Graz University of Technology (Austria) and at the Department of Biological Engineering, University of Minho (Portugal). In 2008, she received the I3 Professor from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Education to the recognition of an outstanding research activity. In March 2021 she is joining LUT School of Engineering Science at Mikkeli, Finland, as a Full Professor in biological water treatment. She has published more than 140 articles in highly reputed international journals (h index 42). She is editor of several journals (3Biotech, Frontiers) and 14 Elsevier books.
Department of Separation Science, LUT School of Engineering Science, LUT University, Mikkeli, Finland
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.