With ever-expanding knowledge and advances in medicine, the sixth edition of this book is significantly revised and presented in new full-colour format. Structured in question-answer format, this book is a must-have for all undergraduate medical students as it prepares them for both theory and viva-voce examinations. It is also useful for dentistry and nursing students.
• Thorough revision of all the chapters without changing basic framework to keep up with the latest changes in the field of medicine.
• Revision of topics especially respiratory system, immunological factors in disease, diseases of the cardiovascular system, diseases of the gastrointestinal system, acute poisoning and environmental emergencies, oncology, diseases of the kidneys and genitourinary system, diseases due to infections, endocrine and metabolic diseases.
• Presentation of text pointwise with suitable boxes and tables, which helps the student in quick learning and revision.
• Addition of newer innovations and treatments modalities.
• Inclusion of clinical decision pathways for some of the commonly encountered critical and non-emergent disease conditions
• Expansion of normal values of investigations and understanding the evolution of disease.
• Management of acute medical emergencies like acute myocardial infarction, acute pulmonary oedema, acute anaphylactic and hypovolumic shock, status asthmaticus, tension pneumothorax, status epilepticus, haemoptysis, gastrointestinal bleeding, diabetic coma, snake bites, common poisoning, etc.
• Emphasis has been laid on clinical presentation with description of the drugs.
1 Diseases of Blood
2 Diseases of the Respiratory System
3 Immunological Factors in Disease
4 Diseases of Skin
5 Diseases of the Nervous System
6 Diseases of the Liver and Biliary System
7 Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
8 Diseases of the Gastrointestinal System
9 Diseases of the Connective Tissues and Joints
10 Acute Poisoning and Environmental Emergencies
11 Nutritional Factors in Disease
14 Genetics and Diseases
15 Disturbances in Water, Electrolyte and Acid–Base Balance, 852
16 Diseases of the Kidneys and Genitourinary System, 869
17 Diseases due to Infections, 901
18 Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, 982
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2019
- 28th June 2019
- Elsevier India
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor, Division of Emergency Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.