This is a stunning new hybrid textbook that has evolved as a direct response to the increasing integration of the two disciplines of medicine and surgery in today's medical curricula. The advantage of this combined approach is it reduces the amount of reading by the elimination of repetition (and inconsistencies) to provide an integrated explanation of the common problems faced both by students during exams and clinicians in daily practice. This book's greatest asset is the ability to illustrate that medical and surgical treatment options are actually part of a continuum in the management of disease.
- An integrated textbook combining the two major clinical specialities of general medicine and general surgery.
- Written and edited by a team of physicians and surgeons supported by a team of specialist subject advisors.
- Puts medicine and surgery in the context of the continuum of disease management and outlines a comprehensive and structured approach to patient management.
- Adopts a current evidence-based approach with extensive use of national and international guidelines.
- A full colour textbook with innovative design features and illustrations.
Diseases of the cardiovascular system
Diseases of the respiratory system
Diseases of the ear, nose and throat
Diseases of the gastrointestinal system
Diseases of the liver, biliary system and pancreas
Diseases of the endocrine system
Diabetes and other metabolic disorders
Diseases of the bones and joints
Diseases of the nervous system and voluntary muscle
Diseases of the eye
Diseases of the kidney and urinary system
Diseases of the haematological system
Diseases of the breast
Diseases of the skin
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Consultant Thoracic Surgeon, Royal Brompton Hospital, London; Senior Lecturer, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK
Senior Lecturer in Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Professor of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK