Section I Introduction
Chapter 1 How to Study this Book
Chapter 2 The Competencies
Chapter 3 Tips for the Medicine Clerkship
Section II Ambulatory Internal Medicine
Chapter 4 Tips for Learning on the Ambulatory Clerkship
Chapter 5 Preventive Medicine
Chapter 6 Common Symptoms in Ambulatory Internal Medicine
Chapter 7 The Complex Patient
Section III Cardiovascular Diseases
Chapter 8 Chest Pain
Chapter 9 Congestive Heart Failure
Chapter 10 Palpitations and Arrhythmias
Chapter 11 Hypertension
Section IV Pulmonary Diseases
Chapter 12 Dyspnea
Chapter 13 Cough
Chapter 14 Hemoptysis
Chapter 15 Pulmonary Nodule
Section V Renal Diseases and Electrolyte Disorders
Chapter 16 Acute Kidney Injury
Chapter 17 Edema
Chapter 18 Acid-Base Disorders
Chapter 19 Abnormal Electrolytes
Chapter 20 Hematuria
Chapter 21 Dysuria
Chapter 22 Renal Mass
Section VI Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases
Chapter 23 Abdominal Pain
Chapter 24 Nausea and Vomiting
Chapter 25 Esophageal Dysphagia
Chapter 26 Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Chapter 27 Constipation
Chapter 28 Diarrhea
Chapter 29 Jaundice
Section VII Hematologic Diseases
Chapter 30 Elevated Blood Counts
Chapter 31 Pancytopenia
Chapter 32 Excessive Bleeding or Clotting
Chapter 33 Lymphadenopathy and Splenomegaly
Section VIII Oncologic Diseases
Chapter 34 Breast Mass
Chapter 35 Prostate Mass
Chapter 36 Testicular Mass
Chapter 37 Neck Mass
Chapter 38 Pigmented Skin Lesions
Chapter 39 Incidentally Discovered Mass Lesions
Chapter 40 Oncologic Emerg
Complete, yet concise, Medicine: A Competency-Based Companion provides the core information you need to think like an experienced clinician during your medical rotation. This handy, pocket-sized medical reference book hones in on the must-know differential diagnoses of the common medical presentations and guides you through the most up-to-date and effective approaches to treatment, equipping you to excel.
- Take it with you! A portable, pocket-sized format places high-yield core information essential to internal medicine rotations right in your lab coat.
- Assess your progress with activities to promote retention and application of knowledge, including online access to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads).
- Master ACGME Core Competencies to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine.
- Understand and assimilate critical concepts more easily with "Speaking Intelligently" and "Clinical Thinking" features in clinical chapters to help you see the "big picture."
- Quickly access the most common and must-know internal medicine signs/symptoms and disorders, conveniently organized by presentation.
- Grasp and retain vital information more easily thanks to "Teaching Visuals"—an interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts.
- Perform a more in-depth review of internal medicine topics with "Clinical Entities" that are referenced to Andreoli and Carpenter’s Cecil Essentials of Medicine, 8th edition.
- Access the full contents online at www.studentconsult.com where you'll find the complete text and illustrations, "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles, an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources, self-assessment competency log, vertical reads and much more!
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 29th May 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Chief, Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, Medical Director, Inpatient Hospice Unit, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, New Jersey
Professor of Medicine Associate Dean for Medical Education Brown University Warren Alpert Medical School