Section One: Concepts in Nursing Practice
- Contemporary Nursing Practice
- Health Disparities and Culturally Competent Care
- Health History and Physical Examination
- Patient and Caregiver Teaching
- Chronic Illness and Older Adults
- Community-Based Nursing and Home Care
- Complementary and Alternative Therapies
- Stress and Stress Management
- Sleep and Sleep Disorders NEW CHAPTER!
- Palliative Care at End of Life
- Addictive Behaviors
- Inflammation and Would Healing
- Genetics, Altered Immune Responses, and Transplantation
- Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
- Nursing Management: Preoperative Care
- Nursing Management: Intraoperative Care
- Nursing Management: Postoperative Care
- Nursing Assessment: Visual and Auditory Systems
- Nursing Management: Visual and Auditory Problems
- Nursing Assessment: Integumentary System
- Nursing Management: Integumentary Problems
- Nursing Management: Burns
- Nursing Assessment: Respiratory System
- Nursing Management: Upper Respiratory Problems
Section Two: Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease
Section Three: Perioperative Care
Section Four: Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input
Section Five: Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation
Written by a dedicated team of expert authors led by Sharon Lewis, Medical-Surgical Nursing, 8th Edition offers up-to-date coverage of the latest trends, hot topics, and clinical developments in the field, to help you provide exceptional care in today's fast-paced health care environment. Completely revised and updated content explores patient care in various clinical settings and focuses on key topics such as prioritization, clinical decision-making, patient safety, and NCLEX® exam preparation. A variety of helpful boxes and tables make it easy to find essential information and the accessible writing style makes even complex concepts easy to grasp! Best of all — a complete collection of interactive learning and study tools help you learn more effectively and offer valuable, real-world preparation for clinical practice.
- Provides a strong foundation in medical-surgical nursing in a highly readable format.
- All content is written and reviewed by leading experts in the field to ensure that information is comprehensive, current, and clinically accurate.
- Colorful design and over 1,400 full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate disease processes and related anatomy and physiology.
- UNIQUE! A complete collection of study tools and resources, including the innovative Stress-Busting Kit for Nursing Students, offers engaging, interactive exercises and activities that make learning more effective and help prepare you for clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! Presents key nursing management content using a "levels of care" approach that explains how nursing care varies for different levels of health and illness.
- Approximately 55 comprehensive nursing care plans incorporate NIC, NOC, and current NANDA diagnoses, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, specific nursing interventions with rationales, evaluation criteria, and collaborative problems.
- Bridge to NCLEX Examination Review Questions at the end of each chapter focus on prioritization and help reinforce your understanding of key content.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize key interdisciplinary research and clearly demonstrate how it applies to nursing practice.
- Collaborative Management headings and Collaborative Care tables emphasize the importance of total patient care in today's health care settings and provide a clear understanding of each provider's role in managing disorders.
- Drug Alert boxes highlight important considerations applicable to key drugs.
- Healthy People boxes summarize government health care goals as they relate to specific disorders and identify important strategies for the prevention and early dete
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE; Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ
Professor and Chairperson, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, Elizabeth Sterling Soule Endowed Chair in Nursing, School of Nursing; Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ
Ian M. Camera, Professor, Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, MA