Over the past three decades, more and more nursing educators have turned to Lewis: Medical-Surgical Nursing for its accurate and up-to-date coverage of the latest trends, hot topics, and clinical developments in the field of medical-surgical nursing — and the new ninth edition is no exception! Written by a dedicated team of expert authors led by Sharon Lewis, Medical-Surgical Nursing, 9th Edition offers the same easy-to-read style that students have come to love, along with the timely and thoroughly accurate content that educators have come to trust. Completely revised and updated content explores patient care in various clinical settings and focuses on key topics such as prioritization, critical thinking, patient safety, and NCLEX® exam preparation. Best of all — a complete collection of interactive student resources creates a more engaging learning environment to prepare you for clinical practice.
- Highly readable format gives you a strong foundation in medical-surgical nursing.
- Content written and reviewed by leading experts in the field ensures that the information is comprehensive, current, and clinically accurate.
- Bridge to NCLEX Examination review questions at the end of each chapter reinforce key content while helping you prepare for the NCLEX examination with both standard and alternate item format questions.
- UNIQUE! "Levels of Care" approach explains how nursing care varies for different levels of health and illness.
- More than 50 comprehensive nursing care plans in the book and online incorporate NIC, NOC, and current NANDA diagnoses, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, specific nursing interventions with rationales, evaluation criteria, and collaborative problems.
- Over 800 full-color illustrations and photographs clearly demonstrate disease processes and related anatomy and physiology.
Section One – Concepts in Nursing Practice
- Professional Nursing Practice
- Health Disparities and Culturally Competent Care
- Health History and Physical Examination
- Patient and Caregiver Teaching
- Chronic Illness and Older Adults
- Complementary and Alternative Therapies
- Stress and Stress Management
- Sleep and Sleep Disorders
- Palliative Care at End of Life
- Addictive Behaviors
- Inflammation and Wound Healing
- Genetics and Genomics
- Altered Immune Responses and Transplantation
- Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
- Nursing Management: Preoperative Care
- Nursing Management: Intraoperative Care
- Nursing Management: Postoperative Care
- Nursing Assessment: Visual and Auditory Systems
- Nursing Management: Visual and Auditory Problems
- Nursing Assessment: Integumentary System
- Nursing Management: Integumentary Problems
- Nursing Management: Burns
- Nursing Assessment: Respiratory System
- Nursing Management: Upper Respiratory Problems
- Nursing Management:
Section Two – Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease
Section Three – Perioperative Care
Section Four – Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input
Section Five – Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2014
- 2nd December 2013
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE; Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ
Professor and Chairperson, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, Elizabeth Sterling Soule Endowed Chair in Nursing, School of Nursing; Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ