- Highly illustrated with clear, full-colour line drawings and colour photos.
- Information boxes throughout, giving more specific detail of research findings, drug mechanisms, etc.
- Clinical boxes throughout, demonstrating the clinical relevance of the science.
Interactive features of the StudentConsult e-book (PIN access in your print copy)
34 test yourself
4 slideshow test yourself
2 guided tours
435 MCQs (end-of-chapter quizzes and Assessment chapter in e-book)
- Introduction and homeostasis Jeannette Naish
- Biochemistry and cell biology Marek Dominiczak
- Energy metabolism Mark Holness, Mary Sugden and Jeannette Naish
- Pharmacology Walter Wieczorek and Jeannette Naish
- Human genetics Denise Syndercombe Court and David P Kelsell
- Pathology and immunology Denise Syndercombe Court, Paola Domizio and Armine Sefton
- Epidemiology: science for the art of medicine Jeannette Naish and Denise Syndercombe Court
- The nervous system Brian Pentland
- Bone, muscle, skin and connective tissue Lesley Robson and Denise Syndercombe Court
- Endocrinology Joy Hinson and Peter Raven
- The cardiovascular system Andrew Archbold and Jeannette Naish
- Haematology Drew Provan, Adrian C Newland and Denise Syndercombe Court
- The respiratory system Gavin Donaldson
- The renal system Girish Namagondlu and Alistair Chesser
- The alimentary system John Wilkinson
- Diet and nutrition Amrutha Ramu, Penny Neild and Jeannette Naish