- Engaging worktext format makes it easier to apply what you’ve learned to the real world, breaking up the content into manageable segments, and providing case studies, critical thinking exercises, role-playing exercises, and collaborative learning activities.
- Real-world examples apply important concepts to the medical office setting.
- A conversational writing style makes it easier to read and understand the material.
- HIPAA Hints ensure that you comply with HIPAA mandates.
- UNIQUE! The Diverse Community of Patients chapter addresses the important issue of cultural diversity.
- Procedure boxes offer step-by-step instructions on how to perform specific administrative tasks.
- Procedure checklists spell out the individual steps required to complete a full range of administrative procedures, and are based on CAAHEP competencies.
- Learning objectives show the key points that you are expected to learn in each chapter.
2. The Health Care Team
3. Medical Law
4. Medical Ethics
5. The Diverse Community of Patients
6. Interpersonal Communications
7. Appointment Scheduling
8. Patient Reception and Registration
9. Health Information Management
10. Medical Coding
11. Medical Billing
12. Health Insurance and Health Benefits Programs
13. Business Operations of the Medical office
14. Financial Management
15. Human Resource Management
16. Job Search Essentials