Using a clear, hands-on approach to learning front office skills, Medical Office Administration, 4th Edition prepares you for a successful career as an administrative medical office assistant. Performing procedures with SimChart® for the Medical Office (SCMO), you’ll practice day-to-day tasks as if you were in an actual office setting. This new edition adds updated content to support use of the electronic health record, new Affordable Care Act information, insurance/billing/coding content, and SCMO activities woven throughout the text. Covering administrative tasks from appointment scheduling to medical billing, this work text helps you develop the knowledge and skills you need to think critically and respond confidently to the challenges you’ll encounter on the job. Access to SimChart for the Medical Office sold separately.
- A conversational writing style makes it easier for you to read and understand the material.
- Stopping points provide you with thought-provoking questions or activities to break up the narrative in manageable segments.
- HIPAA Hints ensure that you comply with HIPAA mandates.
- Real-world examples apply important concepts to the medical office setting.
- Interactive electronic procedure checklists spell out the individual steps required to complete a full range of administrative procedures, and are based on CAAHEP competencies.
- The Career of a Medical Administrative Assistant
2. The Health Care Team
3. Medical Law
4. Medical Ethics
5. The Diverse Community of Patients
6. Interpersonal Communications
7. Appointment Scheduling
8. Patient Reception and Registration
9. Health Information Management
10. Procedure and Diagnosis Coding
11. Medical Billing
12. Health Insurance and Health Benefits
13. Business Operations of the Medical Office
14. Financial Management
15. Human Resource Management
16. Job Search Essentials
A. Answers to Think About It Questions
B. Competency Assessment Checklists
C. Using SimChart for the Medical Office (SCMO)
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2017
- 1st August 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Medical Administrative Program Director, Minnesota State Community & Technical College Moorhead, MN
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.