- Print ISBN 9780323171229
- Electronic ISBN 9780323171250
- A logical format reflects the way emergencies are encountered in a dental practice, with chapters organized by commonly seen clinical signs and symptoms, such as unconsciousness or altered consciousness, respiratory distress, seizures, drug-related emergencies, chest pain, and cardiac arrest.
- Step-by-step procedures include detailed, numbered instructions for stabilizing and treating victims (PCABD) in common medical emergencies.
- Full-color illustrations demonstrate emergency techniques in realistic clarity.
- Summary tables and boxes make it easy to find essential concepts and information.
- Quick-reference algorithms in the appendix include step-by-step diagrams showing the decision-making process in common emergency situations.
- A differential diagnosis chapter ends each of the book’s parts on common emergencies.
4. Legal Considerations
PART TWO: UNCONSCIOUSNESS
5. Unconsciousness: General Considerations
6. Vasodepressor Syncope
7. Postural Hypotension
8. Acute Adrenal Insufficiency
9. Unconsciousness: Differential Diagnosis
PART THREE: RESPIRATORY DISTRESS
10. Respiratory Distress: General Considerations
11. Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
14. Heart Failure and Acute Pulmonary Edema
15. Respiratory Distress: Differential Diagnosis
PART FOUR: ALTERED CONSCIOUSNESS
16. Altered Consciousness: General Considerations
17. Diabetes Mellitus: Hyperglycemia and Hypoglycemia
18. Thyroid Gland Dysfunction
19. Cerebrovascular Accident
20. Altered Consciousness: Differential Diagnosis
PART FIVE: SEIZURES
PART SIX: DRUG-RELATED EMERGENCIES
22. Drug-Related Emergencies: General Considerations
23. Drug Overdose Reactions
25. Drug-Related Emergencies: Differential Diagnosis
PART SEVEN: CHEST PAIN
26. Chest Pain: General Considerations
27. Angina Pectoris
28. Acute Myocardial Infarction
29. Chest Pain: Differential Diagnosis
PART EIGHT: CARDIAC ARREST
30. Cardiac Arrest
31. Pediatric Considerations
Appendix: Quick-Reference Section to Life-Threatening Situations
- No. of pages:
- © 2015
- 4th November 2014
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: