The revised and updated 6th Edition of this popular reference presents multidisciplinary coverage on the full spectrum of complications associated with pregnancy, including pre-existing conditions. Thirty one expert contributors offer readers state-of-the art guidance on the clinical management of the various conditions that affect and are effected by pregnancy. Addresses the hottest topics in the field, such as post-partum depression and bioethics. For each condition, the book offers comprehensive coverage of pathophysiology as well as state-of-the-art guidance on effective management.
- Features a multidisciplinary approach.
- Provides an overview of fetal considerations associated with the care of the high-risk obstetric patient.
- Correlates physiologic changes during pregnancy with the development of symptoms and the course of various problems.
- Offers information on the emergency care of the pregnant woman, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections in pregnancy, and neurological complications.
- Describes the use and limitations of ultrasound.Covers antepartum fetal assessment as well as fetal medical and surgical diagnosis and treatment, including umbilical sampling.
- Includes comprehensive references throughout to facilitate further research.
- And more.
Chapter 1: Obstetric Management of the High-Risk Patient
Chapter 2: Diabetes in Pregnancy
Chapter 3: Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy
Chapter 4: Hematologic Aspects of Pregnancy
Chapter 5: Venous Thromboembolism During Pregnancy
Chapter 6: Pregnancy and Cardiovascular Disease
Chapter 7: Thyroid Diseases
Chapter 8: Pituitary and Adrenal Disorders of Pregnancy
Chapter 9: Calcium Homeostasis and Disorders of Calcium Metabolism During Pregnancy and Lactation
Chapter 10: Clinical Genetics
Chapter 11: Ethical Issues in Obstetrics
Chapter 12: Emergency Management of the Obstetric Patient
Chapter 13: Renal Diseases
Chapter 14: Gastrointestinal Complications
Chapter 15: Liver Diseases
Chapter 16: Bacterial, Fungal, and Parasitic Disease
Chapter 17: Viral Infections
Chapter 18: Pulmonary Diseases
Chapter 19: Neurologic Complications
Chapter 20: Rheumatic Disease in Pregnancy
Chapter 21: Immunology of Pregnancy
Chapter 22: The Skin in Pregnancy
Chapter 23: Neoplastic Diseases
Chapter 24 : Psychiatric Complications
Chapter 25: Substance Abuse
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2004
- 30th July 2004
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
David Paige Smith Professor of Medicine, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Professor of Medicine/Hematology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT