1. Introduction, Akos Vertes and Károly Vékey
2. Basics of analytical chemistry and mass spectrometry for medical professionals, Karoly Vekey and András Telekes
3. Ethical, legal, safety and scientific aspects of medical research, Andras Telekes and Károly Vékey
4. Biomedical sampling, Gyorgy Vaset, et al.
5. Separation methods, Karoly Vekey and Kornél Nagy
6. Mass spectrometry instrumentation and techniques, Arpad Somogyi
7. Cheminformatics: multivariate mathematical-statistical methods for data evaluation, Károly Héberger
8. Mass spectrometry in proteomics, Akos Vertes
9. De novo sequencing of peptides, Alfred L. Yergey
10. Protein bioinformatics, Cathy H. Wu
11. Analysis of complex lipidomes, Andreas Uphoff, et al.
12. Medical laboratory practice - possibilities for mass spectrometry, Olaf Bodamer
13. Therapeutic drug monitoring, Andras Telekes, et al.
14 Mass spectrometry of infectious pathogens, Plamen A. Demirev
15. Proteomics of viruses and their host partners, Fatah Kashanchi
16. Neonatal diagnostics, Bruno Casetta
17. Application of mass spectrometry in oncology, John Roboz
18. Application of mass spectrometry in brain research: neurotransmitters, neuropeptides and brain proteins, Laszlo Prokai
19. The human pituitary proteome: clinical applications, Dominic M. Desiderio et al.
20. Mass spectrometry of proteinous allergens inducing human diseases, Guenter Allmaier
21. Mass spectrometry in clinical treatment, András Telekes et al.
22. Biomarker discovery, Bradley J. Thatcher
23. Molecular imaging by mass spectrometry, Richard M. Caprioli
24. Brief outlook, Karoly Vekey