Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. An overview of cell death in health and disease
2. Cell death during development
3. Molecular mechanisms of apoptosis
4. Signaling pathways in cell death
5. Genetic and epigenetic regulation of cell death
6. Major methods and technologies for assessing cell death
9. Autophagic cell death
10. Proteotoxicity and endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated cell death
11. Neuronal cell death and neurodegenerative diseases
12. Cell death in metabolic diseases
13. Pathogens, inflammasome and cell death
14. Regulation of cell death in cancer
15. Mechanisms underlying drug resistance in cancer therapy
16. Immunological cell death in cancer therapy
17. Therapeutics targeting the BCL-2 pathway
18. Novel pharmacological agents targeting the inhibitors of apoptosis (IAPs)
19. Therapeutics that potentiate p53-mediated apoptosis
20. Opportunities and challenges for drug development for activating the extrinsic apoptotic pathway in cancer
22. Therapeutic approaches to prevent excessive cell death
23. Clinical studies of cancer therapeutics targeting the cell death pathways
Mechanisms of Cell Death and Opportunities for Therapeutic Development, volume four in the Perspectives in Translational Cell Biology series, offers content for professors, students and researchers across basic and translational biology. The book covers fundamental mechanisms, ranging from different forms of cell death and drug development, to efforts for treating disease, providing a valuable resource for readers interested in understanding cell death and relevant translational research. The book's editor, Diaqing Liao, has over twenty years’ experience teaching topics of cell death.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of current knowledge on the process of apoptosis, its potential role in health and disease, and a discussion of potential alternative forms, such as autophagy
- Covers fundamental mechanisms and relevant translational research
In the fields of biomedical research and drug discovery and development including graduate students, postdocs and faculty in academia and scientists in research and development in biotech and pharmaceutical industry
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st November 2021
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Diaing Liao has extensive experience, over twenty years, in research and teaching related to topics of cell death. He has been the course director of a graduate level course “Apoptosis” for over ten years at University of Florida. Dr. Liao’s research has focused on mechanisms underlying cancer biology, epigenetic regulation and drug discovery. His lab has contributed numerous original publications on cellular and viral regulators of cell death and signalling pathways.
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, University of Florida, FL, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.