Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Mechanical Design of Piezoelectric Energy Harvesters provides the state-of-the-art recent mechanical designs of piezoelectric energy harvesters based on piezoelectric stacks. This book discusses innovative mechanism designs for energy harvesting from multidimensional force excitation such as human walking, which offers higher energy density. Coverage also includes analytical modelling, optimal design, simulation study, prototype fabrication, and experimental investigation. Detailed examples of their analyses and implementations are provided.
The authors provide a unique perspective on this field, primarily focusing on novel designs for PZT Energy harvesting in biomedical engineering as well as in integrated multi-stage force amplification frame. This book presents force-amplification compliant mechanism design and force direction-transmission mechanism design. It explores new mechanism design approaches using piezoelectric materials and permanent magnets. Readers can expect to learn how to design new mechanisms to realize multidimensional energy harvesting systems.
- Provides new mechanical designs of piezoelectric energy harvesters for multidimensional force excitation
- Contains both theoretical and experimental results
- Fully supported with real life examples on design, modeling and implementation of piezoelectric energy harvesting devices
Researchers, post docs, PhD and masters students, R&D industry professionals in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
2. Energy Harvesting Materials and Circuits
3. Survey on Mechanical Designs of Piezoelectric Energy Harvester
4. Review of Energy Harvesting from Human Walking
5. Design of a New Piezoelectric Energy Harvester Based on Compound Two-Stage Force Amplification Frame
6. Design of a New Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Handrail with Vibration and Force Excitations
7. Design of a Novel Piezoelectric Energy Harvester Based on Integrated Multi-Stage Force Amplification Frame
8. Design and Testing of a Novel Bidirectional Energy Harvester with Single Piezoelectric Stack
9. Design and Testing of a Novel 2-D Energy Harvester with Single Piezoelectric Stack
10. Design of a Novel 2-D Piezoelectric Energy Harvester with Permanent Magnets and Multi-Stage Force Amplifier
11. Design and Testing of a New Dual-Axial Underfloor Piezoelectric Energy Harvester
12. Design, Fabrication and Testing of a Novel 3-D Energy Harvester
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st October 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Prof. Qingsong XU has been working in the area of mechatronics and robotics for 15 years. He has published over 270 peer-reviewed papers in journals and conferences in related domains.
Full Professor, Department of Electromechanical Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Avenida da Universidade, China
Prof. Lap Mou TAM has been working in the area of heat transfer, energy systems, and chaos for 30 years. He has published over 100 peer-reviewed papers in journals and conferences in related domains.
Professor, Department of Electromechanical Engneering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Avenida da Universidade, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.