- A one volume reference on processed meat products
- Combines detailed practical knowledge of processing and ingredients with scientific understanding
- A standard reference for research & development, quality and production managers in the meat industry
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Meat composition and additives: The protein and fat content of meat; The biochemistry of meat; The tenderness of fresh meat; Definitions of terms used in meat science and technology and meat conductivity; Additives: Phosphates, salt-sodium chloride, hydrocolloids, salts of organic acids and lactate; Additives: Proteins, carbohydrates, fillers and other additives; Colour in fresh meat and cured meat products. Part 2 Technologies for particular meat products: Cooked ham: Whole muscle, brine-injected products; Typical whole muscle, brine-injected cooked ham products from around the world; Cooked ham: Non-injection methods for adding brine; Typical cooked ham products from around the world using non-injection methods for adding brine; Cooked sausages; Typical cooked sausage products from around the world; Fresh sausages; Typical fresh sausage products from around the world; Raw fermented salami; Typical raw fermented salami products from around the world; Semi and fully-cooked fermented salami; Non-fermented salami; Typical non-fermented salami products from around the world; Spreadable raw fermented sausage; Typical raw fermented sausage products from around the world; Cured air-dried meat products; Typical cured air-dried meat products from around the world; Spreadable liver sausage and liver-pâté; Typical liver sausage and liver-pâté products made around the world; Burger, patties and crumbed products; Typical patty and nugget products from around the world; Sliceable and non-sliceable blood sausage; Typical blood sausage products from around the world; Brawn and meat jelly; Typical brawn and meat products from around the world; Canned retorted corned beef; Moisture-enhanced (case-ready) and marinated meat; Casings and packaging material. Part 3 Quality and safety issues: Sensory evaluation of meat products; HACCP in meat processing companies; Introduction to the microbiology of meat and meat products; The microbiology of specific bacteria; Predictive microbiology for meat products.
- No. of pages: 672
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2006
- Published: September 29, 2006
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845691721
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781845690502
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Meat Products Handbook"