Understand foot, ankle and lower limb anatomy visually and clinically.
McMinn’s Color Atlas of Lower Limb Anatomy is the ideal study aid or trusted visual reference for the range of students and practitioners who require a detailed understanding of the anatomy of the foot, ankle and lower limb. It provides you with the perfect grasp of all the important lower limb structures that are likely to be encountered in practice or in the anatomy lab. Superb images of dissections, osteology, radiographic and surface anatomy offer an unmatched view of muscles, nerves, skeletal structures, blood vessels and more. Figures are accompanied by concise notes and commentaries, as well as orientational artworks to help you locate the structure accurately on the body.
This updated fifth edition offers increased clinical relevance and features an entirely new chapter on Imaging of the Lower Limb, reflecting the very latest modalities and techniques. It also comes with the complete, enhanced eBook for the first time.
- All new state-of-the-art clinical imaging chapter – provides new insights and reflects anatomy as seen in modern practice
- Easily correlates essential anatomy with clinical practice - through over 200 high-quality photographs, combined with explanatory illustrations for more complex areas and concise, accompanying notes throughout
- Bonus information in Appendices - including practical guidance to administering nerve blocks accurately and effectively in the regional anaesthesia section
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase - this enhanced eBook
experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the
book on a variety of devices.
- Mostly life-size dissections and osteology - corresponds to what students/practitioners will see in the dissection lab or in real life
- Includes radiography and surface anatomy pictures – helps maximise clinical relevance (and necessary for modern courses)
- Orientational and explanatory artworks - helps the reader to position on the body
- Short accompanying text - expands on the illustrations and serves as study tool
- Numbered labels – helps facilitate self-testing
- Appendix containing key information on Skin, Muscles, Arteries and Nerves
- Lower limb, pelvis and hip
- thigh, knee and leg
- imaging of the foot and ankle
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 31st August 2017
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Formerly University Prosector, Department of Anatomy, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK; Prosector, Department of Anatomy, The Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, UK; Anatomical Preparator, Department of Human Morphology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Nottingham, UK
Consultant Radiologist, West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St. Edmunds, UK.
Photographer and Contributor to www.VisualsUnlimited.com; Formerly Chief Medical Laboratory Scientific Officer, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, UK