Abrahams' and McMinn’s Clinical Atlas of Human Anatomy, 8th Edition delivers the straightforward visual guidance you need to perform confidently in all examinations and understand spatial relationships required during your medical training, while also acquiring the practical anatomical knowledge needed for your future clinical career. Respected authority Prof. Peter Abrahams and his team of leading international anatomists and radiologists link a vast collection of clinical images to help you master all the essential correlations between the basic science of anatomy and its clinical practice.
- See what to look for and how to proceed thanks to an unsurpassed collection of labelled dissection photographs, supported by clear, explanatory diagrams and modern imaging
- Correlate anatomy to clinical practice with a wealth of MR, CT, DSA, radiographic, endoscopic, and operative images that demonstrate how structures are viewed today in the clinical setting
- Thoroughly revised and updated throughout, including:
- brand new dissections, to further improve clarity and consistency throughout the book in every region
- all new colour overlays added to selected dissections making it even easier to identify key nerves, arteries, veins and especially lymphatics
- fully revised neuroanatomy content reflects the latest understanding of functional neuroanatomy as seen with modern 3D and functional imaging
- updated and coloured and a unique lymphatics section
- Includes access to the complete, enhanced eBook – unlocking a huge, carefully-selected collection of BONUS CLINICAL material, integrated throughout on almost every page to enhance your study and help make those essential clinical / anatomical connections.
- This sets Abrahams' and McMinn’s apart from any other atlases of human anatomy!
- 200+ 3D scans,– allowing you to view the body in a more dynamic way to aid your understanding of dynamic anatomy.
- Master the 500 clinical conditions every physician should know by reviewing the associated clinical topics - featuring over 2000 additional clinical photos, radiological images, and case presentations not found in the printed book. Learn from the culmination of over 45 years international clinical experience of Prof. Abrahams and over 100 of his colleagues worldwide who have contributed to this unique collection of clinical anatomy images.
- Head, Neck and Brain
- Vertebral Column and Spinal Cord
- Upper Limb
- Abdomen and Pelvis
- Lower Limb
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 28th January 2019
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Emeritus of Clinical Anatomy, Institute of Clinical Education, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
Clinical Director of Radiology, City Hospitals Sunderland, UK
Dr. Marios Loukas was appointed Chairman of the Department of Anatomical Sciences at St. Georges University Medical School in 2008. He is responsible for managing the anatomy department, developing curriculum, supervising research and inspiring scholarly activities. Under his guidance, the department publishes approximately 70 to 80 academic papers a year. In addition, Dr. Loukas is the University’s Dean of Research and Assistant Dean of Basic and Allied Health Sciences. Prior to joining SGU, Dr. Loukas taught anatomy, histology, and radiology at Harvard Medical School’s Department of Education and Development for seven years. He also taught anatomy at the American University of the Caribbean and was Course Director and Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for one year. Dr. Loukas served on the Student Evaluation and Promotion, and Faculty Evaluation Committees and was Chair of the Information Technology Committee at the American University of the Caribbean. Dr. Loukas has won several awards for research and teaching and has published over 300 works in a variety of publications including Gray’s Anatomy Review, Gray’s Photographic Dissector, and Netter’s Introduction to Clinical Procedures.
Dean of Basic Sciences, Dean of Research, Professor and Co-chair, Department of Anatomical Sciences, School of Medicine, St.George's University, Grenada WI
Associate Professor, Head of Section of Clinical Anatomy, Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.