McDonald and Avery’s Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent: Second South Asia Edition, the definitive pediatric dentistry text for both the classroom and clinical practice, will offer high-level, comprehensive content that conveys the most current information to a diverse audience. This textbook is designed to help undergraduate dental students provide efficient and superior comprehensive oral health care to infants, children, teenagers, and medically compromised pediatric patients. It also provides experienced dentists with information regarding new developments and techniques.
- Focused for the undergraduate Student as per Dental Council of India (DCI) curriculum
- McDonald's classic presentation of text form is maintained while highlighting the important points in every chapter
- More flowcharts, line arts, clinical photographs,tables and boxes added
- Important chs on Development of occlusion from birth to adolescence, Dental caries in child and adolescence, Pediatric operative dentistry, Child psychology, Behavior management, Pediatric endodonticsm Traumatic injuries, Oral habits in children and Dental management of children in special care needs
1. Introduction to Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry
2. Growth and Development
3. Development of Occlusion from Birth to Adolescence
4. Dental Anatomy and Histology
5. Dental Caries
6. Dental Materials used Commonly in Children and Adolescents
7. Case History Recording
8. Pediatric Operative Dentistry
9. Gingival and Periodontal Diseases in Children
10. Dental Radiology as related to Pedodontics
11. Child Psychology
12. Behaviour Management
14. Pediatric Endodontics
15. Traumatic injuries
16. Preventive and Interceptive Orthodontics
17. Oral Habits in Children
18. Dental Management of Children with Special needs
19. Oral Surgical Procedures in Children
20. Preventive Dentistry
22. Dental Health Education and Dental Health Programs
23. Importance of Dental Home
24. Dental Emergencies in Children and their Management
25. Setting up of Pediatric Dental Practice including Ethics
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2019
- 28th May 2019
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.