Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Divided into 12 chapters, Matrix Methods for Advanced Structural Analysis begins with an
introduction to the analysis of structures (fundamental concepts and basic steps of structural
analysis, primary structural members and their modeling, brief historical overview of methods
of static analysis, programming principles, and suggestions for the rational use of computer
programs). This is followed by the principal steps of the Direct Stiffness Method including plane
trusses, plane framed structures, space trusses, and space framed structures. The case of
plane or space framed structure, including possible rigid elements at their beam ends (rigid
joints) is discussed in detail.
Other topics discussed in this reference include the procedure for analyzing beams with internal
releases (partial connection of beam elements) and elastic hinges, as well as the alternative
handling of internal releases by modifying the element stiffness matrix. Furthermore, the
Method of Substructures is demonstrated for the solution of large-scale models in terms of the
associated number of degrees of freedom.
- The principal steps of the Direct Stiffness Method are presented for plane and space
trusses, as well as plane and space framed structures
- The handling of beams with internal releases and elastic hinges
- The method of substructures for large-scale structures
- A computer code (basic steps and source files) based on MATLAB® software for the
analysis of beam-like structures
Structural Engineers, Structural Designers, and Construction Engineers
- Introduction to Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis
2. Plane Trusses
3. Plane Frames
4. Space Trusses
5. Space frames
6. Rigid Joints
7. Internal hinges – Combined Node Method
8. Internal hinges – Modified Stiffness Matrices Method
9. Static Condensation Method
10. Elements of variable cross section
11. Method of Substructures
12. Programming of Direct Stiffness Method for beam-like structures – Programming in MatLab Software
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2018
- 13th November 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
National Technical University of Athens, Institute of Structural Analysis and Seismic Research, Athens, Greece
Institute of Structural Analysis and Seismic Research, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Dr.,M.Sc.,DIC,Eng., Professor of Structural Analysis, Institute of Structural Analysis and Antiseismic Research School of Civil Engineering, National Technical University of Athens
National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.