- Offers suggestions for making small and medium-sized changes for lectures, tutorials, task design, or problem solving
- Provides guidance and inspiration for effective mathematics teaching in a modern technological environment
- Offers a wealth of partial diagnoses, followed by specific advice and suggestions for remedial actions
Table of Contents
- Student difficulties with mathematics; Lecturing; Tutoring; Constructing tasks; Marking and commenting; Making use of history; Issues and concerns in teaching mathematics; Appendix A Exploratory tasks; Appendix B Convergence case study; Bibliography; Index of tactics, issues, frameworks and tensions.
- No. of pages: 230
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2002
- Published: March 1, 2002
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9780857099648
About the Author
J H Mason
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Mathematics Teaching Practice"