Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Mathematics Applied in Engineering presents a wide array of applied mathematical techniques for an equally wide range of engineering applications, covering areas such as acoustics, system engineering, optimization, mechanical engineering, and reliability engineering.
Mathematics acts as a foundation for new advances, as engineering evolves and develops. This book will be of great interest to postgraduate and senior undergraduate students, and researchers, in engineering and mathematics, as well as to engineers, policy makers, and scientists involved in the application of mathematics in engineering.
- Covers many mathematical techniques for robotics, computer science, mechanical engineering, HCI and machinability
- Describes different algorithms
- Explains different modeling techniques and simulations
Professionals and researchers, undergraduate, postgraduate students of engineering and mathematics; engineers, research scientists/ academicians involved in mathematics applied in engineering areas
- Numerical Methods
2. Numerical Simulations
3. System ENGINEERING
4. St ochastic Modelling
5. Reliability Modelling and Testing for Complex Systems
6. Reliability and Availability Assessment of Multi-state Systems
7. Genetic Algorithm
8. de sign Policy
10. Modelling and design
11. Soft computing techniques
12. Statistical techniques
13. Systems Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerance
14. Intelligent Control, Automotive Systems
15. Neural networks and fuzzy logic in mechatronics and robotics
16. Industrial automation, process Control and networked Control Systems
17. Tele robotics, human computer interaction, human-robot interaction
18. FEM Modelling and simulation
19. Machinability and forming of materials
20. Mathematical applications in materials and manufacturing processes
21. Other MATHEMATICS applications in ENGINEERING
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 30th May 2017
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Mangey Ram is currently Head of the Department and Assistant Dean (International Affairs) at Graphic Era University, India. He is Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Mathematical, Engineering and Management Sciences, as well as Executive Associate Editor of the Journal of Reliability and Statistical Studies. Prof. Ram has published 77 research papers and presented his works at national and international conferences. His research interests are in reliability theory and applied mathematics.
Head of the Department and Assistant Dean (International Affairs), Graphic Era University, India
Dr. J. Paulo Davim is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal. He has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience in manufacturing, materials and mechanical engineering. In addition, he has authored/co-authored more than 80 book chapters and 400 articles for journals and conferences. He is the Series Editor of the Woodhead Publishing Reviews Mechanical Engineering Series.
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.