Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This practical introduction encapsulates the entire content of teaching material for UK honours degree courses in mathematics, physics, chemistry and engineering, and is also appropriate for post-graduate study. It imparts the necessary mathematics for use of the techniques, with subject-related worked examples throughout. The text is supported by challenging problem exercises (and answers) to test student comprehension. Index notation used in the text simplifies manipulations in the sections on vectors and tensors. Partial differential equations are discussed, and special functions introduced as solutions. The book will serve for postgraduate reference worldwide, with variation for USA.
- Imparts the necessary mathematics for use of the techniques, with subject-related worked examples throughout
- Encapsulates the entire context of teaching material for UK honours degree courses in mathematics, physics, chemistry and engineering, and is also appropriate for post-graduate study
Mathematicians, physical scientists, and engineers
- Functions of one variable
2. Complex numbers
4. Infinite series
5. Matrices and determinants
6. Vector algebra
7. Functions of several variables
8. Ordinary differential equations
9. Line, surface and volume integrals
10. Vector analysis
11. Fourier series
12. Partial differential equations
13. Some special functions
14. Functions of a complex variable
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2003
- 1st March 2003
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Jeremy Dunning-Davies, University of Hull, UK
University of Hull, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.