The book addresses many important new developments in the field. All the topics covered are of great interest to the readers because such inequalities have become a major tool in the analysis of various branches of mathematics.
- It contains a variety of inequalities which find numerous applications in various branches of mathematics.
- It contains many inequalities which have only recently appeared in the literature and cannot yet be found in other books.
- It will be a valuable reference for someone requiring a result about inequalities for use in some applications in various other branches of mathematics.
- Each chapter ends with some miscellaneous inequalities for futher study.
- The work will be of interest to researchers working both in pure and applied mathematics, and it could also be used as the text for an advanced graduate course.
University libraries, research institutes, engineering and technological institutes, mathematical economics insitutes, computer science institutes and physical science institutes
- Inequalities Involving Convex Functions.
- Inequalities Related to Hardy’s Inequality.
- Opial-Type Inequalities.
- Poincaré- and Sobolev-Type Inequalities.
- Levin- and Lyapunov-type Inequalities.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2005
- 4th May 2005
- Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
B.G. Pachpatte is a Professor of Mathematics at Marathwada University, Aurangabad, India. His main research interests are in the fields of differential, integral and difference equations and inequalities. Pachpatte has written a large number of research papers published in international journals; he is also an associate editor of Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Communications on Applied Nonlinear Analysis, Octagon, and Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems.
"This monograph is a valuable addition to the extensive literature on analytic inequalities. It provides a large amount of classical and new inequalities, most of them appearing here for the first time in a book. The mathematical analysts, physicists, engineers as well as many other people will find in this work a useful source of reference and inspiration." -ZENTRALBLATT MATH